|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.51||US$ 15.38||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.51||US$ 30.75||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.51||US$ 46.11||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zocor|
Description of the drug
Simvastatin is the main active drug present in Simvotin 20 mg tablet. Simvastatin is a drug which is used to lower the bad cholesterol and fats like low density lipoprotein (LDL) and triglycerides and raise good cholesterol that is high density lipoprotein (HDL) and thus reduces the amount of cholesterol level and helps in reducing the risk of a heart attack.
Indications and Usage
Simvastatin belongs to a group known as statins, which are useful in reducing the amount of fatty substances such as low-density lipoprotein (LDL), bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and to increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), good cholesterol in the blood. This drug is given along with the proper diet so that it gives a better results and thus helpful in reducing the risk of a heart attack and helpful in lowering of a blood pressure..
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient conditions, therefore, take this medicament as per your doctor directed to you.
-Method of Administration:
Simvotinis available is the form of a tablet which is to be taken orally that is by mouth with a full glass of water, before or after having a meal as per your doctor’s direction.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not double the dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, therefore in case of an overdose contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Simvastatin is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Simvotin 5 mg
- Simvotin 10 mg
- Simvotin 20 mg
- This drug is contraindicated with Pregnant and breastfeeding women, use of this drug may cause fatal effects in infants
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation
- This drug is contraindicated with the patient having active liver disease
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Simvastatin cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Simvotin 20 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who suffer from any kind of liver and kidney problem, should avoid taking it this drug.
- Patients who recently suffered with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, this drug may worsen the condition therefore, consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes or medicines. Always discuss your medical history with your doctor prior taking this medication
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood disorder like anemia or hemophilia
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any bleeding problem. Consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- If the patient is having an infection of the lining of the heart, in this condition first consult your doctor, let him know about your problem and then take this medicament.
- Patients who are having a recent or upcoming surgery of brain, spine, eye or heart must consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug may cause dizzsiness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- If you have a history of stroke or a recent heart attack than consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with one full glass of water. Do not powder or chew the tablet.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or remains for a long time.
- Low blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden and severe leg or foot pain
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat
- Inflammation of the liver
- Sudden headache, dizziness or weakness
- Little or no urination
- Pain in stomach, back or joints
- Lightheadedness, rapid heart rate or trouble in concentration
- Numbness or muscle weakness
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Simvastatin:
- Diuretics eg furosemide.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood pressure
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Oral contraceptives
- Vitamin K
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Simvotin 20 mg tablet.
Simvotin 20 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Simvastatin. Simvastatin belongs to a group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG CoA) that is needed by the body to make cholesterol, and thereby reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
Simvastatin tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Simvotin 20 mg is manufactured by Cipla, a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Simvotin 20 mg tablet online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.