|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.30||US$ 9.00||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 15.8612%US$ 18.00||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 21.5320%US$ 27.00||
|US Brand Name||Vasotec|
Enalapril is a potent drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme) and is one of the most popular drugs given in the treatment of heart failure and hypertension.
ACE inhibitors are the drugs that inhibit the action of Angiotensin converting enzyme in the body. Angiotensin II causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the blood pressure. This way, ACE inhibitors relaxes the blood vessels and decreases the elevated blood pressure. Enalapril is available in oral tablet dosage forms.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Enalapril is given in hypertension that decreases the work load of the heart. It also decreases the risk of various heart conditions:
- Mild to moderate hypertension
- Improves the survival in people with myocardial infarction after suffering a heart attack
- Stroke , angina and other serious cardiovascular diseases
Understanding the drug Enalapril:
How it works?
Enalapril belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor). It stops the formation of Angiotensin II which causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the blood pressure. It relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps heart in pumping the blood more easily. It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply. In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply in the vessels found in the kidneys and reduces the chance of getting hypertension and diabetes post effects.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Enalapril if you:
- Have allergy to Enalapril
- Have heart diseases
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- History of blood clot or stroke
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breast feeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. The doctor is the one who will prescribe best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 5 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
What are the strengths available?
Enalapril tablets contain the following three strength combinations on the website:
Enapril 2.5 mg
Enapril 5 mg
Enapril 10 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Enapril is manufactured by Intas pharmaceuticals ltd, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Enalapril can be taken once in a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention or you can dial poison helpline number if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
- Extreme dizziness
- Light headedness
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Hyperkalemia conditions
- Dry mouth
- Spinning sensation
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
- Fever, chills and body aches
- Pale or yellowing skin
- Pain in chest
- Hyperkalemia symptoms like muscle weakness and bradycardia
- Rapid weight gain
- Mouth and throat sores
- Feeling like might you pass
- Fever, chills and flu symptoms
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Enalapril. Drugs listed below may interact with Enalapril can hinder its normal functioning:
- Potassium chloride
- Injections for rheumatoid arthritis
- Gold injections
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the side effects of Enalapril
- Avoid the intake of salt or potassium substitutes while taking this medicine.
- This drug causes bit dizziness so be careful while sitting or lying somewhere
- Excess of sweating, diarrhea and vomiting can cause dehydration. So compensate the fluid loss by drinking lots of fluid
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose