|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.67||US$ 20.39||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.67||US$ 40.77||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.68||US$ 61.16||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Avapro|
Irbesartan is a drug that belongs to the class of angiotensin 2 receptors antagonist or blockers. They oppose the effect of angiotensin and aids smooth arterial blood flow. This all helps in reducing the elevated blood pressure levels therefore useful in hypertension. It is also given in other cardiovascular problems.
Angiotensin II receptors are the drugs that opposes the renin angiotensin aldosterone system. It inhibits the action of angiotensin hormone and is useful in various cardiovascular conditions like:
- Myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Irbesartan is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack.
Understanding the drug Irbesartan:
How it works?
Irbesartan is an angiotensin receptor antagonist and is an important drug given in heart associated conditions.
Irbesartan gets bind with angiotensin receptor antagonist and causes following actions like:
- Relaxes blood vessels and aids smooth blood flow
- Decreases workload of the heart
- Improves survival and prevents heart attack
- Reduces hospitalization and improve symptoms
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Irbesartan if you:
- Are allergic to Irbesartan
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have congestive heart failure or aortic stenosis
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver problems
- Have any other heart problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Dose is decided by the doctor depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. The initial recommended dose starts form 150 mg and can be increased up to 300 mg depending upon the patient’s condition. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Irbesartan tablets contain the following two strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Irovel 150 mg
- Irovel 300 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Irovel is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Irbesartan is taken once daily and can be taken before or after meal. The best way to take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Chest pain
- Back pain
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Skin rashes, itching and hives
- Sleep disorder
- Swelling of face, lips and tongue
- Fever, chills and sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Tachycardia or bradycardia
- Anxiety disorder
- Worsening of kidney functions
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Irbesartan.
- Birth control pills like drospirenone
- ACE inhibitors like Ramipril and Enalapril
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Furosemide
- NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose