|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 7.28||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 14.55||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 21.83||
|US Brand Name||Toprol XR|
|Generic Name||Metoprolol Tartrate|
Description of the drug
Metoprolol Tartrate is the main active ingredient present in Metolar – 100 mg. It is an oral drug which is a beta adrenergic receptor blocker widely used as an antihypertensive medicine. It prevents chest pain and also improves the survival of a heart attack.
Indications and Usage
Metoprolol Tartrate is a beta-blocker and used to treat high blood pressure, fast and irregular heartbeat (cardiac arrhythmias, especially supraventricular arrhythmia), chest pain (angina pectoris), overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), heart failure, early intervention in heart attack (myocardial infarction) and to prevent migraine attacks
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Metolar is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause side effects, sometimes it may be poisonous. In any case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Metoprolol Tartrate is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Metolar – 100 mg Tablet
- Metoprolol Tartrate should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman, or to woman are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- This medication should not be taken by those who are having poor blood circulation.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Metoprolol Tartrate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Sorbitrrate100mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having severe asthma problem must tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of slow heart rate, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having an adrenal tumor, should consult your doctor prior taking this medicament.
- Patients having sick sinus syndrome should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who are suffering from myasthenia gravis should avoid taking this medicament and tell your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients who have an imbalance acid base balance in your body, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- This drug may be more sensitive to older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Low sugar level in your blood
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Metoprolol Tartrate:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Metoprolol Tartrate.
Metolar comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Metoprolol Tartrate, which is a beta blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing the heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure.Early intervention and start of metoprolol in myocardial infarction reduces infarct size and the incidence of ventricular fibrillation.
Metoprolol Tartrate tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open
Metolar – 100 mg tablet is manufactured by Cipla. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Metolar – 100 mg Tablet online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.