|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Capsules||US$ 0.48||US$ 14.28||
|60 Capsules||US$ 0.48||US$ 28.57||
|90 Capsules||US$ 0.48||US$ 42.85||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Toprol XL|
|Generic Name||Metoprolol Succinate|
Metoprolol Succinate is a beta adrenergic receptor blocker widely used as an antihypertensive medicine. It prevents chest pain and improves survival of a heart attack. It relaxes the blood vessels and reduces the blood pressure & heart rate.
Metoprolol Succinate is formulated in extended release dosage forms. Extended release dosage form gives prolonged duration of drug action and maintains the safety range through which drug can effectively treat the disease. This extended release formulation makes the Metoprolol to stay in the bloodstream for the longer duration of time and controls blood pressure for 24 hours. This drug is one of the most recommended drugs given in the conditions like Hypertension, angina and Heart failure.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Metoprolol Succinate is used in the treatment of hypertension, Angina pectoris and heart Failure. It is often recommended post heart attack.
Understanding the drug Metoprolol Succinate:
How it works?
Metoprolol Succinate is a beta blocker and is one of the most common drugs given in the hypertension.
Metoprolol Succinate gets bind with beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
- Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
- Effortless pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body
- Reduces high level of blood pressure
- Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
- Reduces workload of the heart and amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
- Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Metoprolol Succinate if you:
- Are allergic to Metoprolol Succinate
- Have breathing problems like Asthma
- Are suffering from myasthenia gravis
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have congestive heart failure or any other heart failure
- Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease or peripheral vascular disease
- Have mental or mood disorders
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The dose is decided by the doctor after assessing so many factors like age, gender and health status of the patient. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Metoprolol Succinate Capsules contain the following three strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Metolar XR 25 mg
- Metolar XR 50 mg
- Metolar XR 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Metolar XR capsules is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 Capsule.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole capsule with one glass full of water. Do not crush, open or chew the capsule shell. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor.
When to take?
Metoprolol succinate extended release capsules can be taken by mouth either always with food or immediately after a meal. It would be best for you to take medicine at the same time each day. It also lowers the chances of missing a dose.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Red skin rash
- Sudden hunger
- Blurred vision
- Pale color
- Sweating or confusion
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle aches
- Abdominal pain
Some serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Hives, itching and skin rashes
- Swelling of mouth , face, lips and tongue
- Mood swings
- Vision related problems
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Metoprolol Succinate.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Patients having diabetes may not feel a clinical symptom of fast heart beat due to Metoprolol Succinate. Other low blood sugar symptoms like dizziness, sweating remains unaffected with this drug. So it is recommended to check your blood sugar levels on regular basis
- Don’t take any cold or cough medicines without consulting a doctor
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Limit the intake of Alcohol as it may increase the effect of drowsiness
- Metoprolol Succinate causes bit dizziness so avoid doing any activity that requires alertness
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose