|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.38||US$ 11.27||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.38||US$ 22.52||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.38||US$ 33.78||
|US Brand Name||Tricor|
Fenofibrate is a cholesterol lowering drug and is given in Dyslipidemia. It helps in lowering the high cholesterol levels in blood. It decreases the LDL cholesterol (Bad) levels in the body. This all decreases the risk of stroke, heart attack and other cardiovascular complication.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Fenofibrate is used in the treatment of Dyslipidemia, reduces risk of cardiovascular conditions like stroke, unstable angina and myocardial infarction.
Understanding the drug Fenofibrate:
How it works?
Fenofibrate is a drug belonging to the class of Fibrates. It has a cholesterol lowering activity and is one of the main drugs used to treat Hypercholesteremia.
Fenofibrate activates peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPAR-a). This in turn activates lipoprotein lipase and decreases apoprotein CIII increases lipolysis and eliminates triglyceride rich particles from plasma. It increased high density lipoproteins (good cholesterol) in blood stream.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Fenofibrate if you:
- Are allergic to Fenofibrate
- Have severe kidney problems
- Have diabetes
- Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
- Have gall bladder disease
- Have pancreatitis
- Have liver diseases
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 145 mg and is given orally once a day. The effect is shown within 1 or 2 weeks and dose can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Fenofibrate tablets contain the following four strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Fenolip 145 mg
- Lipicard 130 mg
- Lipicard 160 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Fenolip is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Lipicard is manufactured by USV limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Fenofibrate is taken once a day. It is the best way to take medicine at same time daily as it gives best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Irregular beating of heart
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Pain in back, arms and legs
Some serious side effects that need medical attention as listed below:
- Joint pain
- Skin blistering
- Rashes and hives
- Redness, swelling and warmth in leg
- Breath shortness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Fenofibrate:
- Other cholesterol lowering medicines
- Cancer medications
- Prevention of organ transplant rejection
- Antiviral medicines
- Medicines for arthritis like Aspirin
- Injected antibiotics
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Fenofibrate causes bit dizziness so avoid doing any activity that requires alertness
- Monitor your blood cholesterol levels regularly
- Abrupt discontinuation can flare up the symptom of hyperthyroidism
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood cholesterol levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose