|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.66||US$ 19.67||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.66||US$ 39.35||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.66||US$ 59.02||
|US Brand Name||Zetia|
Ezetimibe is a cholesterol lowering drug and is widely employed in Hypercholesterolemia like conditions. It helps in reducing the high levels of cholesterol in the blood stream. As building up of cholesterol in body can cause various cardiovascular problems like:
- Myocardial infarction
Cholesterol is a fat consist of Low density lipoproteins and High density lipoproteins. High density lipoproteins are good cholesterol that avoids the deposition of Low density lipoproteins in arteries. LDL( Bad cholesterol) when present in more amount gets start depositing in the arteries and leads to clot formation which ultimately results in myocardial infarction. Ezetimibe keeps the cholesterol levels under control and prevents serious life threatening heart conditions.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Ezetimibe is given in hypercholesterolemia. This active ingredient got FDA approval in October 2002.
Understanding the drug Ezetimibe:
How it works?
Ezetimibe acts via two mechanisms mentioned below:
- It gets bind to Niemann Pick C1- like 1(NPC1L1) proteins present on gastrointestinal tract and hepatocytes and inhibits the cholesterol absorption
- It decreases cholesterol absorption by increasing the uptake of LDL cholesterol levels into the cells and reduces the bad cholesterol levels in the bloodstream
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Ezetimibe if you:
- Are allergic to Ezetimibe
- Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
- Have a kidney disease
- Use steroid medicines or hormones
- Have any other heart problems
- Are using birth control pills like Drospirenone
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 10 mg and is given once a day. The dose can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Ezetimibe tablets contain the following one strength combination that is available on our website:
- Ezedoc 10 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Ezedoc is manufactured by Dynamic labs, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Ezetimibe is taken once daily with or without food. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Red skin rash
- Sudden hunger
- Blurred vision
- Pale color
- Sweating or confusion
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Hypersensitivity reactions like anaphylaxis, angioedema and skin rashes
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Ezetimibe.
- Coumarin antagonist
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Lifestyle modifications like physical workout, eating healthy food , quitting smoking and reducing the alcohol intake is necessary along with this medicine
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Limit the intake of Alcohol as it may increase the effect of drowsiness
- Ezetimibe causes bit dizziness so avoid doing any activity that requires alertness
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose