Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Atacand|
|Manufacturer||Astra Zeneca, Turkey|
Atacand 16 mg contains the active ingredient Candesartan, a group of drugs known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists that work by making your blood vessels relax and widen. This, in turn, lowers the blood pressure. It also makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to all body parts. This medicine has the following uses:
- Treats hypertension or high blood pressure in adult patients, children and adolescents aged 6 to <18years
- Treats adult heart failure patients with reduced muscle function when angiotensin-converting enzyme or ACE inhibitors or ACE inhibitors when symptoms remain despite treatment or other medicines used to treat failure can’t be used.
Take Atacand 16 mg tablets exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor if you are unsure about the usage. It is important to keep taking Candesartan regularly. You can take a kit before or after consuming food. Swallow the pill with a glass full of water.
The recommended dose of Candesartan is 8 mg daily for high blood pressure. Depending on blood pressure response, your doctor may increase the dose to 16 mg once daily and up to 32 mg once a day. In some patients, such as those with kidney and liver problems or who have lost body fluids through vomiting or diarrhoea, or by using water tablets, the doctor may prescribe a lower day in the initial days of the treatment.
For heart failure in adults, the recommended initial dose of Candesartan is 4 mg. Your doctor may increase your dose up to 32 mg a day. Candesartan may be used with other medications for heart failure.
Do not take Atacand 16 mg in the following conditions if you:
- are allergic to Candesartan or any inactive ingredients in the medicine.
- have severe liver disorder or complications associated with gall bladder
- pregnant with more than three months
- the patient is a child who is under one year of age
- have diabetes or kidney problems and receive blood pressure medicines containing aliskiren
If you are unsure if any of these applies to you, speak to your doctor before taking Candesartan tablets.
Speak to your doctor before taking Candesartan tablets if you :
- have liver, kidney, or heart problems
- are vomiting, have had severe vomiting or diarrhoea
- have low blood pressure
- have ever had a stroke
- have Conn’s syndrome, a disease of the adrenal gland
- pregnant or are planning to conceive
- are taking any of the following medicine:
- An ACE inhibitor such as lisinopril, enalapril, and ramipril
If you have these conditions, your doctor may want to see you more often and perform some tests at regular intervals.
During the treatment, your doctor may check your kidney function, blood pressure and the number of electrolytes in your blood regularly.
The most common side effects of Atacand 16 mg include dizziness, sore throat, cold or flu symptoms, back pain, nasal congestion, and stiffness. Call your doctor for medical advice if these side effects become severe or persist for longer.