Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Rocephin|
|Strength||1 gm Inj.|
|Generic Name||Ceftriaxone Sod|
|Manufacturer||Nitin Lifesciences Ltd|
Description of the drug
Ceftriaxone Sodium is the main active ingredient present in Oframax 1 gm Injection. Ceftriaxone belong to a cephalosporins group of medicines. It has broad spectrum activity against Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria. In most cases, it is considered to be equivalent to cefotaxime in terms of safety and efficacy
It is an antibiotic drug that acts as an anti- bacterial agent, used in adults and children to treat mild to severe bacterial infections. Antibiotics will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections.
Indications and Usage
Oframax is used to treat various bacterial infections such as gonorrhea, pelvic inflammatory disease, middle ear infection, meningitis (inflammation of the covering of the brain), and infections of the lungs, ears, skin, urinary tract, blood, bones and joints and typhoid. Ceftriaxone injection is also sometimes given before certain types of surgery to prevent infections that may develop after the operation.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition, therefore, this medicine is to be taken exactly as your doctor asked you to take.
-Method of Administration:
The drug is available in the form of an Injection. Oframax injection comes in a sterile liquid form to be injected through intravenously that is into a vein or through intramuscularly that is into a muscle, as per your doctor’s direction. The length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have. If you are taking this medicament at home, use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Ceftriaxone Sodium injection is available in the following strength under the brand name of Oframax:
- Oframax- 1gm Injection
- Ceftriaxone Sodium should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be taken by a pregnant woman
- Lactating mother should not use this drug, this drug may have a possibility to pass through a breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- Patients who have or had a severe allergic reaction to any other antibiotic for e.g penicillins, should not take this medicament.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Ceftriaxone Sodium cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Oframax 1 gm injection online, it is advised to do a deep research on its ingredients.
- Patients with a history of a severe allergic reaction, should inform their doctor before when you take this drug.
- Patients who recently received or are about to receive products that contain calcium, must use this drug only after contacting your doctor.
- Patients who have a severe liver problem, must take your doctor’s advice regarding the use of this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a renal impairment, discuss with their doctor about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a any kind of kidney problem, should avoid taking this drug.
- Patients who are having a kidney stone should take this medicine only after having your doctor consultation.
- Use this medicine with caution in patients who are older adults, they may be more sensitive towards this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that occurs and stays for a longer period of time such as:
- Redness along the vein
- Inflammation at the site of a injection
- Chest pain
- Stomach pain
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Oframax:
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may have the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Oframax.
Oframax1gmcomprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Ceftriaxone Sodium.It belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporins which is a Beta-lactam antibiotic. It works by exerting its effect on target cell wall proteins that causes the inhibition of the cell wall synthesis and leads to the death of the bacteria which is responsible for the infection.
Ceftriaxone Sodium injections should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate, store in a room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Oframax1gminjectionare manufactured by Ranbaxy, India. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company recently acquired by Sun Pharma Group. You can easily buy Oframax – 1 gm online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : VibramycinActive Ingredients : Doxycycline HydrochlorideSold Out
Generic For : ZithromaxActive Ingredients : Azithromycin80% OFF
Generic For : PropeciaActive Ingredients : Finasteride
Generic For : NovarelActive Ingredients : HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin)Sold Out
Generic For : DostinexActive Ingredients : Cabergoline
Generic For : DostinexActive Ingredients : Cabergoline