Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Lotrimin AF|
|Strength||.1% (15 gm)|
Description of the drug
Clotrimazole is the main active ingredient present in Canstat 0.01% (15gm) cream. It is a topical medication and is used to treat certain fungal infections of the skin.
Indications and Usage
Clotrimazole is an antifugal agent applied topically, used to treat Candidiasis due to Candida albicans. It is used to treat vaginal yeast infection, symptoms of vaginal infection includes itching, irritation and burning sensation. This drug works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane that weakens the membrane and kills the formation of the fungus and thus cures itching and irritation due to vaginal yeast infection, oral thrush, and athlete’s foot jock.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
Canstat cream is usually applied once a day for 2 to 6 weeks.The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Canstat is a cream to be applied topically on the skin, apply a enough quantity of cream to cover an infected area of the skin and rub it well, wash and clean the affected area with soap and water for better result before applying this drug. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Clotrimazole cream is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
Canstat 0.01% (15gm) cream
Candid (15gm) cream
Clotrimazole cream should not be used in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the components present in the formulation.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Clotrimazole cream cannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Canstat 0.01% (15gm) cream online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for those who are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient has or ever had a low level of magnesium in the blood or a liver disease.
- Avoid wrapping of the affected area
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament
- Keep this drug away from eye, nose, and mouth
If this drug comes in contact with eyes by mistake, wash your eyes thoroughly with water and contact your doctor regarding the same.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Tightness of chest
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Clotrimazole:
- Using other drug with this medicament may show some interaction, so avoid using other drug while using this or contact your doctor regarding the same
- Nutritional supplement
- Herbal products
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Clotrimazole.
- Canstat cream comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Clotrimazole, which is an antifungal agent, used to heal the skin due to fungal infection. Itt works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell membrane and weakens the fungus and thus relieves from the fungal infection.
- Storage information
- Clotrimazole cream should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Canstatcream is manufactured by Ocha Laboratories Private Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in New Delhi, India. You can easily buy Clotrimazole 0.01% online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.