Who can deny the role women have played as a ballast in society and at home since the dawn of time? It might sound odd but should the patriarch of a household take ill, perhaps children might not feel distraught to the extent they would if the mother was seized by a painful affliction. This is because a mother is the irreplaceable and unconditional caregiver of the family, whereas the man is the one who is traditionally respsonible for putting food on the table. Both men and women experience health problems, some that are similar. But women with their complex physiology have to face certain health problems which deserve special consideration.
From playing wives to mothers, a woman’s body copes with a lot of stress. Her lifestyle and diet become crucial to her well being, which if she neglects can lead to many complications It is important that she remains healthy throughout her life and has routine health checks.
Also Read: Vaginal Yeast Infections- Causes and Symptoms
Common health concerns for women
In this write-up we have discussed certain health problems which almost every woman has to face at some point during her life.
- Premenstrual syndrome- Premenstrual syndrome is a collection of symptoms which many women have to face for a week or so before their periods set in. The most common physical symptoms include bloating, fatigue, breast tenderness and acne. These symptoms could leave physical, psychological and emotional impact on women’s brain and body. Everything gets normal once the periods start. Premenstrual syndrome appears because of cyclic changes in female sex hormones, pituitary hormones or prostaglandins.
- Urinary tract infections (UTI) - This infection may occur in any part of the urinary system such as kidneys, urethra, ureters and bladder. Women are comparatively at higher risk to develop UTI than males. Serious consequences might occur if the infection spreads to the kidneys.
- Breast cancer- The uncontrollable growth of breast cells is called breast cancer. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death in women. The disease is common in women and is known to occur at times in males too. Today’s lifestyle factors that women follow are responsible for breast cancer. Advanced age is one risk factors; genes also play a part as some forms of cancer are said to be hereditary; dense breast tissue is another contributory factor as is late birth of the first child, drinking alcohol and being overweight after menopause.
Must read: In a fight they say, if you know your enemy you increase
- Obesity- Being overweight or obese is a major concern for almost every woman. Obese women are more likely to suffer from diabetes and cardiovascular diseases such as a ‘stroke’. Obesity also leads to menstrual abnormality, infertility problem and miscarriage in many women. The risk of death also increases with the excessively growing weight. Not only obese but normal ladies too must follow a healthy diet with regular physical activities so that they live a life free of disease.
- Anemia- Anemia is one of the most common blood conditions in the United States, affecting about 3.5 million American people and women are at greater risk. Those women who are in their childbearing years are more prone to iron deficiency anemia just because blood loss through menstruation and pregnancy demands increased blood supply.
Also Read: Role of Estrogen Hormones in a Woman’s Body
Multivitamins for women
Though fresh fruits and vegetables should be part of the daily diet, a woman’s complex body structure means changing nutritional needs with the time and age.
Our body needs small amounts of minerals and vitamins each day. A healthy diet generally meets the body’s demands, but sometimes many people rely on supplements to correct any possible deficiency that might occur. Among the best multivitamins for women is alive multivitamins for women. The alive vitamins for women are basically energy tablets which are whole food supplements. All the good multivitamins for women should have adequate amounts of folic acid, iron, vitamin D, calcium and magnesium. One can buy organic multivitamins too. Organic multivitamins for women are good for the body because their composition does not include chemicals, pesticides, insecticides or any synthetic ingredients. There are several vitamin supplements readily available on the market and with online pharmacies. For multiple health benefits one should try liquid B vitamins that are good enough for normal formation of blood cells, improve vision, and promote a healthy nervous system. Apart from multivitamins best dietary supplements are effective for weight loss. If diet plans don’t give good results, dietary supplements become the preferred choice for women aiming for weight loss. But first and foremost, make sure to consult a health specialist before you pick the best dietary supplement for you.
Apart from the supplements woman takes, in order to maintain a healthy and disease free life it is important that one should also engage in regular physical activities that promote good health. Doing a brisk walk, jogging and swimming even for thirty minutes a day is also beneficial not only for women but for men too.
Must Read: Signs of Candida Overgrowth and How To Treat It