Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Falcigo|
|Strength||60 mg (inj)|
Description of the drug
Artesunate is the main active ingredient present in Falcigo Inj 60 mg Injection. Artesunate is a part of the artemisinin group of drugs that treat malaria. It is a semi-synthetic derivative of artemisinin and because this drug is water soluble this drug is available in the form of an injection.
Indications and Usage
Artesunate is used to treat chloroquine resistant malaria and complicated malaria like cerebral malaria. This medicine is used to treat malaria that is caused by chloroquine strains of plasmodium falciparum. It can easily and quickly control the acute attack of malaria. Artesunate Injection is indicated for the treatment of serious malaria infections.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore this medicine is to be taken exactly as your doctor asked you to take.
-Method of Administration:
The drug is available in the form of an Injection. Falcigo comes in a sterile liquid form to be injected through intravenously that is into a vein or through intramuscularly that is into a muscle, as per your doctor’s direction. The length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have. If you are taking this medicament at home, use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible
Forms and Strengths
The drug Artesunateinjection is available in the following strength under the brand name of Falcigo Inj:
- Falcigo Inj- 60 ml injection
- Artesunateshould not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be taken by a pregnant women
- Lactating mother should not use this drug, this ddrug may have a possibility to pass through a breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Artesunatecannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying FalcigoInj60mginjection online, it is advised to do a deep research on its ingredients.
- Patients who have a history of a severe allergic reaction, should inform your doctor before when you take this drug.
- Patients who have a severe liver problem, must take your doctor’s advice regarding the use of this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a renal impairment, discuss with your doctor about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a any kind of kidney problem, should avoid taking this drug.
- Patients who are having a hepatic dysfunction, then you must inform your doctor before starting up this medicament.
- Patients who are taking chemotheraphy, must let your doctor know about this, this drug may interact with anti cancer drugs.
- Patients who are having a nerve-muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis, must take a consultation with your doctor before taking this medicament.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that occurs and stays for a longer period of time such as:
- Pain at the site of injection
- Loss of hearing
- Chest pain
- Easy brusing
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of FalcigoInj:
Inform your doctor about your past medical history and get the full list of drugs that may have the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Falcigo Inj.
Falcigo Inj 60 mg comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Artesunate. Artesunate belongs to a class of medications called anti-malarial. It has an excellent anti-malarial activity in the asexual forms of malaria parasites which shows rapid and a high efficiency to bring about rapid control of an acute attack. This drug acts by producing free radicals which kill the malarial parasite and thus cures malaria.
Artesunate injection should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate, store in a room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
FalcigoInj60mginjectionare manufactured by Zydus Cadila, India. It is a known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Falcigo injection – 60 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : CasodexActive Ingredients : Bicalutamide
Generic For : BenicarActive Ingredients : Olmesartan
Generic For : HyzaarActive Ingredients : Losartan Potassium + Hydrochlorothiazide
Generic For : Toprol XLActive Ingredients : Metoprolol Succinate
Generic For : B12 InjectionActive Ingredients : Vit B1 , Vit B6 , Vit B12 , D-PantehnolSold Out