Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Benicar|
Description of the drug
Olmesartan is the main active ingredient present in Olmesar 20 mg tablets. It is an oral drug formulation used to lower blood pressure (hypertension) and congestive heart failure.
Indications and Usage
Olmesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It works by relaxing and expanding the blood vessel to mediate the free flow of blood to the heart, it is used to treat heart failure condition when the heart is unable to pump the enough blood to the rest of the body and thus improve the survival after a heart attack. Olmesar sometimes also used to treat kidney disease in people with diabetes and a high blood pressure.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Olmesar 20 mg is available is the form of a tablet and to be taken orally by mouth, it is to be taken once a day before or after having a meal and for the treatment of heart failure twice a day before or after having a meal. When you buy Olmesar 20 mg, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you feel nauseatic; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
- The drug Olmesartan is available in the following strengths:
- Olmesar 20 mg
- Olmesartan 40 mg
- Olvance 20 mg
- Olvance 40 mg
- Olmesartan should not be used in patients hypersensitive to sulfonamide or other sulfonamide derivatives
- This drug should not be used in children younger than 1 year old, it may affect the development of kidney
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Olmesartan cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Olmesar 20 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient suffered recently with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, this drug may worsen the condition therefore, consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- If you have a history of stroke or a recent heart attack than consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Reduced number of red blood cells (anemia)
- Reduced number of platelets
- Liver function abnormalities
- Muscle and joint pain
- Changes in kidney function
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Unexplained weight gain
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Swelling of hands
- Low level of sugar in the blood
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Increases in blood urea
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Olmesartan:
- Diuretics eg furosemide
- Potassium-sparing diuretics like amiloride, spironolactone or potassium supplements because of the risk of high blood potassium level.
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood pressure
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Olmesartan.
Olmesar comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Olmesartan, which is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (type AT1) helps in lowering blood pressure. It dilates and relax the blood vessel to increase the blood flow to the heart and thus lowers the blood pressure
Olmesartan tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Olmesar20 mg tablets are manufactured by MacleodsPharma. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Gujrat, India.
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : CrestorActive Ingredients : Rosuvastatin60% OFF
Generic For : ZithromaxActive Ingredients : Azithromycin80% OFF
Generic For : Septra DSActive Ingredients : Sulphamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Generic For : Augmentin 375Active Ingredients : Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid17% OFF
Generic For : DuricefActive Ingredients : CefadroxilSold Out