|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 9.55||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 19.11||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 28.66||
|US Brand Name||Hyzaar|
|Generic Name||Losartan Potassium + Hydrochlorothiazide|
Description of the drug
Losartan potassium and Hydrochlorothiazideis are the main active pharmaceutical ingredients present in Losacar H 50/12.5 mg tablets. This drug is used to treat hypertension as well as swelling due to fluid accumulation. Losartan potassium is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (type AT1) that helps in relaxing the blood vessel and widen up by blocking the substances that cause a blood vessel to tighten and lowers the blood pressure. Hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill, a diuretic that helps in urination.
Indications and Usage
Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination drug indicated for the treatment of lowering blood pressure as well as a diuretic, it lowers the blood pressure reduces the risk of heart attack in patients having hypertension and an enlarged heart it also protects the kidney from damage due to diabetes and helps to remove extra salt and water.Losartan Potassium helps in lowering blood pressure and Hydrochlorothiazide helps in urination
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
Always take this medication exactly as your doctor prescribed, the usual starting dose of this drug tablet in adults is 50 mg once daily with 25 mg recommended for those patients treated with diuretics, but it can vary for individuals. Hydrochlorothiazide is effective in doses of 12.5 to 50 mg.
- Method of Administration:
Losacar H is available in the form of a tablet, should be taken orally by mouth with a full glass of water before or after having a meal as directed by your doctor. It is best to take at least 4 hours before your bedtime because it causes you to urinate more frequently.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause fast or slow heartbeat, dizziness, lightheadedness, blood electrolyte problems, muscle pain, weakness and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Losacar H 50/12.50 mg
- Repace 100 mg
- Losar 25 mg
- Cosart 50 mg
You can buy Losacar H 50/12.50 mg online from reliablerxpharmacy.com at a much lower price.
- Do not take this drug with Aliskiren in patients those who are having diabetes
- Do not take this medicine if patient is suffering from Anuria, a condition when the kidney fails to produce urine
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Don’t use this drug if the patient is on dialysis
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Losartan PotassiumHydrochlorothiazide cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Losacar H 50/12.50 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, this drug is harmful to this condition, so avoid taking it this drug
- If a patient has suffered recently with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, this drug may worsen the condition therefore, consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Do not take any prescribed or non-prescribed drug with this medicine, consult your doctor first about your medical history before starting up this medication.
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- If you have a history of stroke or a recent heart attack than consult your doctor before taking this medicine
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Stomach pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
Some uncommon side effect can occur:
- Eye pain, vision problem
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Anaemia low number of red blood cells
- Reduced number of platelets which may lead to easy bruising
- Ringing in the ears
- Changes in kidney function
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Low sodium levels in the blood
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Potassium-containing salt substitutes
- Rifampicin used in the treatment of tuberculosis (TB)
- Fluconazole for the treatment of fungal infections
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen, or diclofenac
- High doses of diuretic tablets
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines as they may additionally reduce your blood pressure
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicine
- Cholestyramine or colestipol
- Any other diuretic or water pill
- A barbiturate such as phenobarbital
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Losacar H.
Losacar H 50/12.50 comprises of an two active pharmaceutical ingredients called Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan Potassium is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (type AT1), which helps in lowering blood pressure, it widens up the blood vessel and allowing free flow of oxygen and blood to the heart and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.50 mg is a thiazide diuretic, which helps in urination also knows as a water pill. It prevents the body from absorbing too much salt which can cause fluid retention.
Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Losacar H tablets are manufactured by Cipla Limited. Cipla is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.