|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.18||US$ 5.50||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.18||US$ 10.99||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.18||US$ 16.49||
|US Brand Name||Nexium|
|Generic Name||Esomeprazole Magnesium|
Description of the drug
Esomeprazole Magnesium is the main active ingredient present in Nexpro 20 mg tablet. It is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problem such as ulcer, acid
reflux and relieves the symptoms of heartburn, difficulty in swallowing, and persistent cough.
Indications and Usage
Esomeprazole Magnesium belongs to a group of medicines known as ‘proton-pump inhibitor’ used to treat ulcers and acid reflux problem, a condition in which backward flow of acid from the stomach causes heartburn also causes injury to the esophagus. This drug helps in reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces that cures the heartburn and heals the esophagus, and prevents gastric ulcer caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Esomeprazole Magnesium is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Nexpro 20 mg is available in the form of a tablet should be taken orally by mouth with a good amount of water. When you buy Nexpro 20 mg, make a note of the
administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you collapsed and cause shortness of breath; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Esomeprazole Magnesium is available in the following strengths:
- Nexpro 20 mg
- Izra 40 mg
- EsomeprazoleMagnesium should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having an adequate Vitamin B12
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having low amount of magnesium in the blood
- Don’t use this drug if the patient is on dialysis
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Esomeprazole Magnesium cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Nexpro 20 mg tablet online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Not suitable for those patients who is having a sugar intolerance because this drug contains sucrose.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- Use this drug with caution in elderly, this may cause diarrhea
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasm
- Change in blood count (lack of white blood cells)
- Severe liver problem
- Enlarged breasts in men
- Hypomagnesaemia (low level of magnesium in the blood)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Esomeprazole Magnesium:
- Nalfinavir, a drug used to treat HIV infection
- Clopidogrel which is used to prevent clotting of the blood
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole used to treat fungal infections
- Digoxin treatment for a heart problem
- Diazepam used for anxiety, relax muscles or in epilepsy
- Phenytoin used in epilepsy
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Esomeprazole Magnesium.
Nexpro 20 mg comprises of an activepharmaceutical ingredient called Esomeprazole Magnesium, which is used alone or with other medications to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, a certain stomach and esophagus problems such as acid reflux and ulcer. This drug belongs to the class of drug known as proton pump inhibitor it works by decreasing the amount of acid that the stomach makes and thus it relieves the symptoms of heartburn, persistent cough and helps in healing acid damage to stomach and esophagus that prevent ulcer and esophagus cancer
Esomeprazole Magnesium should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Nexpro 20 mg capsuleis manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceutical, it is aflagship company of torrent group, located in Ahemdabad, India, and Unichem Laboratories, located in Mumbai, India.