Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Amaryl|
Glimipiride is an oral anti diabetic medication that controls blood sugar levels. This drug increases the sensitivity of the body cells towards the produced insulin. Glimipiride is given along with the diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes. Glimipiride belongs to the sulfonyl ureas class of drugs.
The ailments it is used for:
Glimipiride is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It is given as an adjunct with diet and exercise in the management of Type 2 diabetes.
Understanding the drug Glimipiride:
How it works?
Glimipride helps in controlling the bloods sugar levels of the body.
It is a third generation oral hypoglycemic drug that stimulates the production of insulin from pancreatic beta cells and increases the sensitivity of body cells to the insulin. Glimipride binds with the potassium channel and depolarizes the membrane. This in turn actuates calcium ion inflow and induces insulin secretion. It aims to increase the production of insulin from the pancreas and overcomes the insulin resistance factor.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Glimipiride if you:
- Have any allergy to any of the active ingredients present in it
- Are using any other antidiabetic drug
- Are allergic to sulfa drugs
- Have an enzyme glucose 6 phosphate deficiency
- Have hepatic problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Are having type 1 diabetes
- Are undernourished
- are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- are breast feeding
How much to take?
Dosage is given according to the condition and health status of the patient. The usual recommended dose starts from 1 mg or 2 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the condition and patient’s response. Doctor will recommend the best suitable dose for you.
What are the strengths available?
Glimipiride is available in four strength combination available at our website:
- Glypride 1mg
- Glypride 2mg
- Glypride 3mg
- Glypride 4 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Glypride is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
Take the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always take the drug according to the instructions given on the package insert.
When to take?
Glimipiride is generally taken once per day during breakfast or first meal. Your doctor can only recommend the best timings and always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. Sudden discontinuation can lead to undesired and severe conditions.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter hypoglycemia conditions:
- Slurring of speech
- Muscular pain
- Blurred vision
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
With great efficacy, Glimipiride exerts some side effects that some may experience them or some may not. Chances of getting these undesired effects vary from person to person. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Mild itching and skin rash
- Weakness, shaking and sweating due to extreme low blood sugar levels
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Skin conditions like pruritis and urticaria
- Urine and stool discoloration
- Difficulty in breathing
- Confusion and hallucinations
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Numbness and tingly feeling
- Blurred vision
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. Doctor gives you the complete information of the drugs that can hamper the action of Glimipiride. The drugs that may interact with Glimipiride are as follows:
- Antiepileptic medications
- Sulfa drugs like Bactrim, Gantanol and Septra
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Asthma, allergy medications
- Steroidal medicines
- Thyroid medications
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep complete record of other medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Follow strict diet and exercise regimen while taking this drug
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : TenorminActive Ingredients : Atenolol
Generic For : GlucophageActive Ingredients : Metformin Hcl
Generic For : ZofranActive Ingredients : Ondansetron
Generic For : Nizoral ShampooActive Ingredients : KetoconazoleSold Out
Generic For : ZithromaxActive Ingredients : Azithromycin80% OFF