Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Cosopt|
|Strength||5 ml Eye Drop|
|Generic Name||Dorzolamide Hydrochloride-Timolol Maleate|
Description of the drug
Dorzolamide Hydrochloride and Timolol Meleate are the main active pharmaceutical ingredients present in Dorzox T Eye Drop. It is a combined sterile, buffered and an isotonic solution, contains two drugs together Dorzolamide Hydrochloride which is a sulfonamide carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and Timolol Meleate, a beta adrenergic blocker first beta blocker approved for topical use. Both the drugs together used to treat glaucoma, an eye disorder and lower the pressure inside the eye when there eye pressure is too high (intraocular pressure).
Indications and Usage
Dorzox T is used to treat increased pressure in the eye caused by an ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma, both eye conditions cause high pressure within the eye known as intraocular pressure that may lead to an eye pain and harm your vision. This medicament helps in reducing pressure by reducing the formation of aqueous humor secretion and thus relieves from an eye pain due to glaucoma.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
It is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
DorzoxT (5ml)Eye drop should be taken through ocular route that is through the eye. Shake well before use, open the lid and slowly instill this medicines drop by drop, it is recommended to gently close the eyes for one to two minutes after the administration. When you buy Dorzox T-5 ml, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may lead to harmful effects like Breath shortness, Muscular pain, Wheezing, Chest pain, Seizures, Bradycardia.In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug DorzolamideHydrochloride is available in the following strengths:
- Dorzox T (5ml) Eye Drop
- Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye Drop
- DorzolamideHydrochloride-TimololMeleate should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient present in the formulation.
- DorzolamideHydrochloride-TimololMeleate should not be used in patients with bronchial asthama
- DorzoxT (5ml) Eye drop not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
Warnings and precautions
- Before buying Dorzox T (5ml) Eye Drop online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients to avoid allergic reaction if the patient has any, with any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine.
- If the patient had an ocular surgery, consult your doctor before taking this drug
- Avoid taking this drug if the patient is having an eye infection.
- If any sign of serious reaction or hypersensitivity occur, immediately discontinue the use of this drug
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Do not use this medicament if the bottle is cracked, opened or damaged in any way
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle
- Wash your hand with soap and water before administration of this drug
- Put the cap on the bottle right away after the use
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Blurred vision
- Bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular pain
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Itching in the eyes
- Eye discharge
- Eyelid pain or discomfort
- Eye tearing
- Urinary tract infection
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Swelling of face, tongue, and throat
- These are the drugs that can show drug interaction with Dorzox T and can alter Its pharmacological effect:
- Other eye drop, if you are taking any other eye drop, then consult your doctor regarding the same before starting up this medicine
- Oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitor
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Calcium antagonist like diltiazem, verapamil
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Dorzolamide.
Dorzox T (5ml) Eye drop comprises of two active pharmaceutical ingredients called Dorzolamide Hydrochloride and Timolol Meleate. Dorzolamide Hydrochloride contains a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor that results in decreased formation of aqueous humor secretion and thus help in the treatment of glaucoma disorder. Timolol Meleate is a beta adrenergic blocker, which is used to lower the pressure in the eye of patient having open-angle glaucoma also known as ocular hypertension. This combination drug is used when there is too much high pressure in the eye and beta adrenergic blocker alone is unable to lower the pressure, which is required.
DorzoxT (5ml) Eye drop should be stored:
- Away from children and pet
- At room temperature ina cool and dry place
- Away from heat, light and moisture
The drug is manufactured byCipla Limited. Cipla is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.