Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Duovir- N|
|Generic Name||Lamivudine, Nevirapine and Zidovudine|
Description of the drug:
Lamivudine, Nevirapine and Zidovudine are the active ingredients present in Duovir - N – (150+200+300) mg. The drug belongs to a group of HIV medications known as reverse transcriptase inhibitors that do not allow the HIV virus to multiply in the body. You can buy Duovir - N – (150+200+300) mg online.
Indications and Usage:
The medicine is typically prescribed to treat HIV that is known to cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. This medicine will however not cure the body of HIV or AIDS. It may also be prescribed for condition that is not mentioned here.
Dosage and Administration
- Take the medicine strictly as per the advice of your doctor or the instructions in the drug label. Do not change the dosage of the medicine unless your doctor tells you to do so. Also, make sure that you do not take the medicine even after the prescribed time is over.
- The dosage of the medicine depends on several factors including sex, age, allergies to drugs or the severity of condition. The dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you thoroughly.
Method of Administration:
You can take the medicine with or without food.
In case of missed dose, take the medicine whenever you remember about it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, it is better to avoid the missed dose.
- In case of over dosage, get emergency help as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form – Tablet
- Strength – 150+200+300 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- It has been seen that some people who took the medicine experienced lactic acidosis. The symptoms of lactic acidosis may deteriorate with time and prove dangerous. Therefore, it is important that you seek medical attention on the first signs of lactic acidosis such as pain or weakness in the muscles, numb limbs, breathing issues, stomach pain, or nausea.
- The drug may lead to serious liver damage. Consult your doctor if you suffer from any of the following symptoms such as severe pain in upper stomach that spreads to the back, nausea, vomiting, fast heartbeats, loss of appetite, itching, clay colored stools, dark urine, or jaundice.
- The medicine can reduce the count of white blood cells, a component in the blood that equips the body to fight off infections. It is essential that you take proper precautions to avoid getting the infections. Stay away from sick people and avoid activities that increase the risk of bleeding.
- It is a FDA pregnancy category C drug. It is not yet proved if it can harm an unborn baby. The virus can be transmitted to the baby if the mother is not treated properly at the time of pregnancy. The drug may get into breast milk and cause harm to a nursing baby. Avoid the medication if you are breast feeding. Keep in mind to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby soon or are breast feeding.
- For people who have hepatitis B, you may develop liver symptoms when you stop taking the medicine. These symptoms may be visible for months after you stop taking the drug.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any of the conditions such as kidney disease, bone marrow suppression, or if you have used other HIV drugs in the past.
- It is important to keep all the precautions in mind before you take the drugs. Make sure to discuss everything with your doctor and clear all your doubts that you may have about the drug.
- Some side effects of the medicine include drowsiness, headache, vomiting, dizziness, nausea, or diarrhea. If any of the symptoms continue for long, consult your doctor immediately.In some people, there may be a deterioration of a previous medical ailment or development of a new one due to changes in their immune system. Inform your doctor immediately if any such thing happens.
- Some people develop lactic acidosis. The initial symptoms of the condition may deteriorate with time and can prove to be dangerous. Some initial symptoms are weak muscles, numbness in the limbs, breathing troubles, stomach ache, or nausea with vomiting.
- The medication can lead to severe damage to your pancreas or liver. Consult your doctor right away if you experience any of the symptoms such as severe pain in upper stomach which advances to the back, nausea and vomiting, fast heartbeats, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay colored stools, or jaundice.
- There may be other side effects too that you may experience. Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any such things.
Avoid the drug if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients or to any medicine that contains zidovudine, lamivudine, or emtricitabine. Also, do not take the drug with other medications that contain lamivudine or zidovudine. Inform your doctor if you are using any of these drugs such as ganciclovir, anti-cancer medicines such as interferons, doxorubicin, or sulfa drugs. There may be other drugs as well that may interact with the medicine.
Lamivudine, Nevirapine and Zidovudine are the active ingredients present in the medicine.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- It is manufactured by Cipla, a well-known Indian pharmaceutical company.