Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Beta Pace|
Description of the drug:
Sotalol is the main active ingredient present in the drug Beta Cardone 40 mg. This drug belongs to a category of medicines that blocks the beta-adrenergic receptors, but does not act as a selective competitive inhibitor. This drug also has antiarrhythmic properties. It is prescribed to patients in order to prevent cardiovascular disorders like strokes and heart attacks and maintaining normal heartbeat in patients suffering from atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter.
Indications and Usage:
Sotalol one of the effective antiarrhythmic drugs and is very effective to prevent the occurrence of chest pain, strokes, heart attack, heart blockage, and acute conditions of hypertension. This drug is used as a preventive medication and cannot counteract in conditions where the patient is already suffering from several cardiovascular disorders and anomalies. You should start consuming Beta Cardone 40 mg only when your doctor has prescribed you depending on your health conditions.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of Sotalol for adults is 40 mg 3 to 4 times every day. This medication can be consumed with or without food. It will be preferable to take this drug at the same time every day. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 18 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks but after taking advice from your doctor.
-Mode of administration:
Sotalol is available in the form of a tablet and can be easily consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Do not take this medicine with fluid other than water like juice and milk as this can cause some problem related to the blood sugar level.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Sotalol is available in the form of a tablet and is available in the following strength:
- Beta Cardone – 40 mg
You can buy Beta Cardone 40 mg tablets online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Sotalol is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Breathing problems and asthmatic patients
- Patients with heart disorder and heart blockage
- Anaphylactic and severe cases of hypersensitivity
- Pregnant and lactating women
Children below the age of 18 years
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Sotalol has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. Sotalol can cross the placental barrier and result in intra-uterine foetus deaths, immature, and premature births.
- Please consult your doctor before taking Sotalol tablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking this drug. This drug is known to cause dizziness and make you less attentive
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along with Sotalol drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be taken by the diabetic patient who is taking this medicine. Make sure to consume only the dose that has been prescribed by your doctor. Sotalol may cause it a little difficult to control the normal blood sugar levels
- When you buy Beta Cardone 40 mg from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com make sure to prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Sotalol has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Sotalol. Some of them are:
- Catecholamine-depleting drugs like reserpine – can have additional effects like hypotension
- Calcium channel blockers - – can have additional effects like hypotension
- Antiarrhythmic drug like disopyramide – can cause bradycardia and heart failure
- Amiodarone - can cause bradycardia and heart failure
- Prostaglandin synthase inhibitors like indomethacin – can decrease the effectiveness of Atenolol
- Digitalis - can cause bradycardia and heart failure
- Antacids – can alter the working mechanism of Sotalol
- Clonidine – can lead to hypertension
Beta Cardone 40 mg contains Sotalol as the main active ingredient. This drug belongs to the group of beta blockers that inhibits the normal functioning of beta adrenergic receptors and also has antiarrhythmic activity. Sotalol has the least lipid solubility and lacks the membrane stabilizing property. This drug is used to treat hypertension and edema.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
Sotalol drug is manufactured by one of the leading global company UCV Pharmaceuticals.