|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.13||US$ 3.77||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.13||US$ 7.54||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.13||US$ 11.29||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||ALDACTONE 25 mg|
|Manufacturer||RPG Life Science|
Spironolactone is a water pill that avoids your body from absorbing excess of salt. It is a potassium sparing diuretic given in the treatment of hypertension, congestive heart failure and in kidney disorders like nephritic syndrome.
Spironolactone is used to diagnose or treat a condition in which you have excess of aldosterone in your body.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Spironolactone is given in heart related problems like hypertension, angina pectoris and kidney disorders. This all increases cardiovascular diseases like heart failure, heart attack and angina pectoris.
Understanding the drug Spironolactone :
How it works?
Spironolactone is an aldosterone antagonist. Aldosterone is a steroid hormone produced in the adrenal gland. It plays a vital role in regulating blood pressure. It acts on distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephron and shows following effects:
- Increases reabsorption of ions and water in the kidney
- Retains sodium and secretes potassium in kidneys
- Increases water retention and blood pressure
Spironolactone blocks the aldosterone effects by binding with aldosterone dependent sodium potassium site in distal convoluted renal tubule. This all increases the excretion of excess of sodium and water and potassium is retained. It is also known as potassium sparing drug. This way, it helps in lowering blood pressure and is useful in various cardiovascular problems.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Spironolactone if you:
- Are allergic to Spironolactone
- Have kidney disease
- Have electrolyte imbalance
- Are Hyperkalemia
- Are taking epleronone
- Have adrenal gland disorder
- Have liver diseases
- Are taking NSAIDs , cholestyramine, heparin , lithium and steroidal medicines
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose starts from 25 mg and can be increased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient.
What are the strengths available?
Spironolactone tablets contain the following two strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Aldactone 25 mg
- Aldactone 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Aldactone is manufactured by RPG Life sciences, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Single dose of Spironolactone can be taken once in a day or divided dose can be taken twice a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Leg cramps
- Breast swelling or tenderness
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Bloody stools
- Signs of high potassium levels like slow heart rate, limp and tingly feeling
- Confusion, slurred speech, hallucinations, motor incoordination, shallow breathing
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Spironolactone. Drugs listed below may interact with Spironolactone and can hinder its normal functioning:
- Oral contraceptive pills like Drospirenone
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and can cause fetal harm
- Limit the intake of alcohol beverages and avoid activity that requires alertness
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Limit foods high in potassium such as bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, and low-salt milk
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose