|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 2.00||US$ 2.54||
|3 Tube/s||US$ 2.33||US$ 7.62||
|6 Tube/s||US$ 2.50||US$ 15.25||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zovirax Cream|
|Strength||5 gm cream|
Acyclovir is an antiviral drug in the treatment of viral infections. It belongs to the class of guanosine analogue antiviral drug (NRTI). This medicine is used for the treatment of herpes simplex virus infections manifesting in the skin and genitals. This medicine aims to cure the painful signs of herpes simplex viral infection and speeds up the healing process. It is available in the form of topical dosage form which is meant to be applied on the infected area.
The ailments,it is used for:
Acyclovir is a drug that is given in the treatment of viral infections listed below:
- Genital herpes simplex
- Cold sores in mouth and face
- Acute chicken pox in HIV patients
- Herpes simplex encephalitis
- Herpes eye infection
Understanding the drug Acyclovir:
Acyclovir is a potent antiviral drug that treats multiple infections like cold sores on the face, lips and herpes simplex virus infection.
How it works?
Acyclovir gets converted by viral thymidine kinase enzyme present in the body to its active form i.e. acyclovir monophosphate which is further converted into acyclovir triphosphate. It binds and inactivates the formation of viral DNA.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Acyclovir if you:
- Are allergic to Acyclovir
- Are prone to allergies
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. It can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Acyclovir is available in following strength preparation on our website:
- Acivir cream 5 gm
- Herpex cream 5 gm
Who is the manufacturer?
Acivir is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals private limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1, 3 and 6 packs.
Herpex is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1,3 and 6 packs.
How to apply?
Acyclovir is applied exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The general way of using a medicated ointment involves the following steps:
- Wash your hands and face before applying the ointment so as to make them clean and hygienic
- Dry the skin using a soft towel and apply a thin film over the affected area
- Gently rub it into the skin well
- Avoid applying it to the normal skin
- Wash your hands once you finish handling the medication
- Don’t bathe, shower and swim right after using acyclovir ointment
- Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed
When to apply?
Always apply the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. Generally, Acyclovir is applied once a day. The application dose and time purely depends upon patient’s condition. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
For how long should it be applied?
Apply the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug application.
What if you apply too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Acyclovir is applied only after doctor’s recommendation. Apply the medicine as long recommended by the doctor. This reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug has also some undesired effects with it. Acyclovir shows common side effects such as:
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Dry or cracked lips
- Flakiness or skin dryness
.Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are as stated below:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face, lips, tongue and throat
- Body aches
- Cough and flu
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Acyclovir.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always apply the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Avoid using this drug in children under 12 years as it could be harmful to them
- This drug could be harmful if it is swallowed. If taken by mouth, contact your poison control center
- Avoid using any other skin products on the infected area without consulting your doctor
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine