|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.09||US$ 32.62||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.09||US$ 65.27||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.03||US$ 93.005%US$ 97.90||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Topamax|
Topiramate is an anticonvulsant drug and is used to treat epilepsy. It is a common drug used to treat epilepsy and prevent migraine headache.
Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder in which person experience the uncontrolled and repetitive activity of body muscles known as Seizures or Convulsions. There is a transmission of wrong neuronal signals which leads to the following symptoms:
- Increases the risk of physical injury
- Constantly staring at one site
- Temporary confusion
- Abnormal and abrupt twitches, tremors and tics
Topiramate is one of the most recommended drugs given in the epilepsy like condition. It can be given along with other medicines.
The ailments, it is used for:
Topiramate is given in epilepsy and is used to treat adults who have 4 or more migraine headaches a month.
How it works?
It exerts anticonvulsant activity by following ways:
- It blocks the voltage dependent sodium and calcium channels and increases the concentration of neurotransmitters
- It augments the neurotransmitter Gamma amino butyric acid activity
- It opposes the kainate subtype of glutamate receptor
- It inhibits enzyme carbonic anydrase specifically isozymes II and IV
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Topiramate if you:
- Are allergic to Topiramate
- Have a history of depression, mental problem or confusion
- Have a kidney disease
- Have suicidal bent of mind
- You have metabolic acidosis
- Have liver problems
- Have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Are allergic to any prescription or non prescription drugs
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dose intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Topiramate is available in following strength preparations on our website:
- Topamac 25 mg
- Topamac 50 mg
- Topamac 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Topamac tablets are manufactured by Johnson and Johnson, a pharmaceutical giant and are available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Topiramate is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Topiramate can be taken once a day with or without meals. The dose intake depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug intake.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
- Speech problems
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Topiramate shows common side effects that generally go off with dose adjustments such as:
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Memory problems
- Motor in coordination
- Missed menstrual period
- Painful urination
- Swelling of hands, feet and lower legs
Some serious side effects are mentioned below which needs urgent medical attention:
- Eye related problems
- Angina pectoris
- Trouble breathing
- Excessive tiredness
- Intense back pain
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Topiramate. Following are the few drugs which interact with Topiramate:
- Oral birth control pills
- CNS depressants
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Topiramate as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- If you experience any suicidal thoughts, immediately consult with your Doctor
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine