|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.27||US$ 8.19||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.27||US$ 16.38||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.27||US$ 24.56||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zovirax|
Description of the drug:
Acyclovir is the ingredient present in Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200mg. It is used to treat Herpes. The medication works to decrease the rate of growth of the herpes virus. This helps the body to fight off the infection. You can buy Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200mg online.
Indications and Usage:
The medicine is used to treat infections that are caused by herpes viruses in adults and children such as cold sores, genital herpes, shingles, and chickenpox. Keep in mind that the drug will only decrease the symptoms of the infection. It is available in both cream and tablet form. The cream is used to treat fever blisters and cold sores. It helps hasten the healing of the spores and reduces symptoms such as burning, itching, pain and tingling.
Dosage and Administration
Follow your doctor’s advice or the instructions mentioned in the label about taking the medicine. Make sure that you do not change your dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Refer to the patient leaflet to get detailed information about a particular medicine.
The dosage of the medicine will depend on several factors including allergies to drugs, sex, age or severity of condition among other factors. Your doctor will determine your dosage after examining you properly. Keep in mind to stick to your doctor’s advice for the best results.
Method of Administration:
Take the medication as advised by your doctor with or without food. Make sure that you take plenty of water while taking the medication to ensure that your kidneys function properly.
In case of missed dose, remember to take the medicine as you remember about it. However, avoid taking it if it is close to the time for your next dosage. Do not take double dosage of the medicine.
In case of over dosage, call emergency help as soon as possible. Some symptoms of over dosage can include hallucinations, seizures, decreased urination or no urination at all.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form - Tablet
- Strength – Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- Avoid the medicine if you have allergy to the ingredients or to similar herpes medication known as Valacyclovir.
- Before you begin your treatment, make sure to inform your doctor if you suffer from kidney ailments or if you have allergy to any drugs. The medication can damage the kidneys and the effects can worsen when used with other drugs that also cause harm to the kidneys.
- It is important you inform your doctor about the medicines that you are taking so that your doctor can prescribe accordingly.
- Treatment with the medicine must start as soon as you notice the first few symptoms including burning, blisters or tingling. Keep in mind it will not halt the spreading of the herpes virus in the body. It is very contagious and can spread quickly from one person to another.
- It is a FDA pregnancy category B drug. It will not cause harm to an unborn baby if taken at the time of pregnancy. However, the virus can pass on to the child from the mother.
- If you suffer from genital herpes, it is important that you prevent herpes lesions at the time of pregnancy so that you do not get it at childbirth.
- The medication can pass into breast milk and cause harm to a nursing baby. If you are breastfeeding, do not take the drug without your doctor’s advice. It is crucial that you discuss with your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become one or are breast feeding.
- It is essential that you take care of all the precautions before you begin your treatment. Make sure to ask your doctor all queries which you may be having about the drug.
- Some side effects of the medication are headache, stomach pain, nausea, or dizziness. If the symptoms stay on, seek medical help as soon as possible. The medication can lead to a dangerous disorder that can affect the kidney, blood cells and other parts of the body.
- Seek medical help if you experience serious side effects such as slow/fast or irregular heartbeat, extreme tiredness, new fever, easy bruising or bleeding, severe stomach or abdominal pain, bloody or dark urine, sudden vision changes, jaundice, loss of consciousness, or seizures.
- These are not the only side effects that you may experience due to the medication. There may be other symptoms too. Inform your doctor if you notice any unusual changes.
There are some drugs that can interact with the medication such as probenecid. There may be other drugs too that can interact with the drug. Keep in mind to inform your doctor about all other medicines that you may be using.
Acyclovir is the active ingredient present in the medicine.
Store it in a cool and dry place.
It is manufactured by FDC, a leading pharmaceutical company in India.