Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Procardia|
Description of the drug
Nifedipine is the main active ingredient present in Myogard 20 mg tablet. It is an oral drug used to lower blood pressure (hypertension), angina (chest pain) and certain heart rhythm problems.
Indications and Usage
Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker, it works by relaxing the muscles of the heart and the blood vessels that increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart. This is an immediate release tablet also use to treat chest pain and prevent irregular heartbeats
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient conditions, therefore, take this medicament as per your doctor directed to you.
-Method of Administration:
Myogard is available is the form of a tablet which is to be taken orally that is by mouth with a full glass of water, before or after having a meal as per your doctor's direction.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not double the dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, therefore in case of an overdose contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
- The drug Nifedipineis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Myogard - 20 mg Tablet
- Nicardia – 20 mg Tablet
- Nifelat – 10 mg Tablet
- Depin – 5 mg Tablet
- Nifedipine should not be used in patients who are allergic to any of the component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be used if the patient is having severe left ventricular dysfunction
- This drug is contraindicated in patients having sick sinus syndrome
- This drug should not be given if the patient is having hypotension or low blood pressure.
- This drug is contraindicated with patients having second or third degree atrioventricular block (is a type of heart block in which the condition between the artia and ventricles of the heart is impaired).
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Nifedipine cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Myogard 20 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Do not take this drug if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Do not take this drug if the patient having a nerve-muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis or muscular dystrophy
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with one full glass of water. Do not powder or chew the tablet, Use this drug with caution in elderly, this may cause diarrhea.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or remains for a long time.
- Low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat
- Irregular heart beat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- Flu like symptoms
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Nifedipine:
- Alfa blockers, such as prazosin
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol and timolol
- Carbamazepine such as Tegretol
- Cimetidine such as Tagamet
- Clarithromycin such as Biaxin, Prevpac
- Cyclosporine such as Neoral, Sandimmune
- Digoxin such as Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps
- Disopyramide such as Norpace
- Erythromycin such as E-Mycin and Erythrocin
- Flecainide such as Tambocor
- Certain HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), and ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra)
- Quinidine such as Quinaglute, Quinidex
- Lithium such as Eskalith, Lithobid
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Nefazodone such as Dutonin
- Rifampin Rifadin, Rimactane
- Telithromycin like Ketek
- Theophylline like Theolair, Uniphyl
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Nifedipine and lead to harmful effects, avoid using this or consult with your doctor regarding using this product with this drug.
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Nifedipine.
Myogard comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Nifedipine, which is a calcium channel blocker used to treat antihypertension (lowering of blood pressure). It works by relaxing the muscles of the heart so that the heart does not have to work hard and allow blood and oxygen to flow more easily to the heart, it may also lower the heart rate.
Nifedipine tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Myogard 20 mg is manufactured by USP, It is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Myogard 20 mg Tablet online from our
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : LipitorActive Ingredients : Atorvastatin70% OFF
Generic For : MinocinActive Ingredients : Minocycline HCL
Generic For : PropeciaActive Ingredients : Finasteride
Generic For : SustimaxActive Ingredients : Dapoxetine and Sildenafil58% OFF
Generic For : SuhagraActive Ingredients : Sildenafil Citrate75% OFF