|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 6.85||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.22||US$ 13.69||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.22||US$ 20.53||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Lamictal|
Lamotrigine is a drug that is prescribed in a condition called epilepsy. It is used to treat various types of seizure disorders. This along with another medicine is given in the treatment of bipolar disorder. It also delays mood episodes in adults with manic depression.
It is available in two dosage forms one is oral tablet and another is dispersible tablets on our website. Dispersible tablets are the uncoated or film coated tablet that can be dispersed within three minutes when put in water. This type of dosage form improves patient compliance in elderly patients, infants and children. Dispersible tablets are preferred by the patients who have difficulty in swallowing dosage forms like tablets and capsules.
The ailments,it is used for:
Lamotrigine is indicated in the below listed conditions like:
- Acute treatment of manic or mixed episode with bipolar disorder, with or without psychotic features
- It is given in Focal, primary or secondary tonic clonic seizures
How it works?
Lamotrigine inhibits the voltage sensitive sodium channels and stabilizes the neuronal membrane that ultimately balances the release of excitatory amino acids.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Lamotrigine if you:
- Are allergic to Lamotrigine
- Have a history of depression, mental problem or confusion
- Are allergic to other seizure medication
- Have history of depression
- Have kidney related problems
- Have liver problems
- are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- are breast feeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dosage intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Lamotrigine is available in four strength preparations on our website:
- Lametec 25mg
- Lametec 50 mg
- Lametec 100 mg
- Lamitor 200 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Lametec is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Lamotrigine is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. In case of dispersible tablets, place the tablet into 1 teaspoon of water or with some other liquid like fruit juice and allow it to disperse in the liquid for about 1 minute. Gently swirl the liquid and then swallow all of the mixture right away. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Lamotrigine can be taken with or without food once in a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug intake .
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
- Motor in coordination
- Increased seizures
- Light headedness
- Blurred vision
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Lamotrigine shows common side effects such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tremors and fatigue
- Headache , tremors and dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Back pain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Changes in appetite
- Motor in coordination
- Unexplained weight gain
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Unusual bleeding and easy bruising
- Extreme skin reaction along with the symptoms like fever, burning sensation in eyes, red or purple skin rash causing blistering and peeling of skin
- Worsening seizures
- Confusion, unexplained tiredness
- Severe drowsiness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Lamitrigine. The following are the drugs that may interact with Lamitrigine:
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Divalproex Sodium
- Valproic acid
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- It is important to monitor liver function so one should go for liver test function
- This drug causes dizziness so avoid driving and machinery after consuming it
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Lamotrigineas it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine