Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Diamox|
Description of the drug
Acetazolamide is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Lopar SR capsules. It is an oral suspended release capsules,which releases the drug slowly for longer duration. This drug used to treat altitude sickness, glaucoma, convulsive disorder like epilepsy, and cardiac edema.
Indications and Usage
Acetazolamide is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor that controls the secretion of fluid and used to treat multiple diseases like altitude sickness symptoms like dizziness, headache, shortness of breath that can occur when you climb quickly to a high altitudes. This drug helps in the treatment of open eye glaucoma and ocular hypertension by inhibiting the secretion of aqueous humor that helps in relievingthe eye pain due to the high pressure within the eye, used to treat certain types of convulsive disorder like epilepsy due to the fluid retention, and also helpful in treating some abnormal fluid retention in heart causes cardiac edema.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
1 to 2 capsules of 250 mg once daily is the recommended dose of Acetazolamide. The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Acetazolamide capsule should be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. It can be taken before or after meals. Do not try to break or crush the capsules.Also, follow the directions given by the doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you feel nauseatic; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Acetazolamide is available in the following strength under the brand name of Lopar SR:
Lopar SR 250 mg
- Acetazolamide should not be used in patients hypersensitive to sulfonamide or other sulfonamide derivatives
- Acetazolamide should not be used in patient with liver diseases as this may increase the risk of hepatic encephalopathy.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Acetazolamide cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Lopar SR 250 mg capsule online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Acetazolamide is not suitable for pregnant and breast feeding women. Acetazolamide has been detected in low levels in the milk of lactating women,although no such harmful effect to infants has been found, this drug should be used with extreme caution with breastfeeding and pregnant women to avoid any casualty. Let your doctor know about your condition. Even, if you plan to buy Lopar SR 250 mg Capsules, first speak to your doctor.
- Use of Acetazolamide for longer time may show some harmful effect, immediately contact your doctor if any unusual skin rashes occur.
- Increasing the dose without the doctor’s consultation may lead to drowsiness or decrease in diuresis
- Acetazolamide should not be used in patients having low level of sodium in the blood (hyponatraemia) and low level of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia).
- Lopar SR should be used with caution in patient having diabetes mellitus, both increase or decrease of glucose in blood level has been found in patients treated with this drug.
- Try to avoid any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement with this drug, or consult your doctor regarding the same before you start this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Dry mouth
- Kidney pain
- Upset stomach
- Lack of appetite
- Feeling irritable
- Tingling feeling
- Passing urine more often
- Drug Interactions
- These are the drugs that can show drug interaction with Acetazolamide and can alter Its pharmacological effect:
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Carbonase anhydrase
- Sodium bicarbonates
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Acetazolamide.
Lopar SR comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Acetazolamide, which is a potent carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and works by catalyzes the reversible reaction involving the hydration of carbon dioxide and dehydration of carbonic acid that controls the fluid secretion and in eye it inhibits the secretion of aqueous humor that decreases the intraocular pressure and thus used to treat glaucoma, altitude sickness and ocular hypertension.
- Lopar SR capsules should be stored:
- Away from children and pet
- Stored away from heat, light and moisture
The drug is manufactured by FDC Limited. FDC is a manufacturer of a pharmaceutical formulation and a bulk drug, located in Mumbai, India.