|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.53||US$ 16.56||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.55||US$ 33.11||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.54||US$ 49.67||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Vastarel|
Trimetazidine is an anti-ischemic drug that aims to improve utilisation of glucose by stopping the fatty acid metabolism. It is an effective and well accepted treatment in patients with angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is a heart pain which happens when there is less blood and oxygen supply to the heart. The narrowing of blood vessels results due to atherosclerosis. Chest pain is a clinical sign that establishes the individual that he is at the increased hazard of heart attack. One can’t ignore this symptom as it could be a sign of life threatening conditions like heart attack, heart failure and stroke.
This medicine works in a different way than other anti-angina drugs to relieve or prevent chest pain. This medicine is given alone or as combination therapy in those symptoms is not sufficiently controlled by other anti-angina drugs. This medicine is available on our website in the form of oral tablet dosage form.
Understating the ailments, it is used for:
Trimetazidine is used in adults as add-on therapy for the symptomatic treatment of patients with stable angina pectoris who are intolerant or failed to response first-line anti-angina treatment. Apart from that, it also treats the below written conditions:
- Adjuvant symptomatic remedy for vertigo and tinnitus
- Adjuvant treatment of visual disorders of a circulatory origin
Understanding the drug Trimetazidine:
How it works?
Trimetazidine is a potent drug used for the treatment and management of stable angina pectoris.
It is a metabolic drug that enhances glucose oxidation and maintains energy metabolism during ischemia. It stops the beta oxidation of fatty acids in order to enhance the glucose oxidation. The glucose oxidation optimises cellular energy processes and maintains energy metabolism in hypoxia or ischemia. Trimetazidine maintains cellular homeostasis by increasing cell tolerance to ischemia or hypoxia. This way, it decreases the frequency of anginal attacks and gives symptomatic relief of angina pain.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Trimetazidine if you:
- Are allergic to Trimetazidine
- Have a pacemaker fitted
- Are suffering from Parkinson’s disease and tremors
- Have severe renal problems
- Are prone to allergies
- Are above the age of 75 years
- You recently had a stroke or heart attack
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a child
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The dose is recommended by the physician depending upon your health condition. The general prescribed dose ranges are 5 mg to 7.5 mg. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Trimetazidine tablets contain the following strength preparations available on our website:
- Cytogard 20 mg
- Flavedon 35 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Cytogard is manufactured by Abott Laboratories, a well known pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
Flavedon is manufactured by Abott Laboratories, a well known pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Always take the dose as prescribed by the doctor.
When to take?
The medicine intake varies from patient to patient. The doctor will guide you about the best time to take the medicine which produces effective therapeutic response. Trimetazidine is meant to be taken one tablet 20 mg three times a day during meals. The medicines are advised to be taken one in the morning or one in the evening during meals. Always take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Angina treatment is a lifelong affair so before stopping the intake of medicine always consult with your doctor. If you find any hard or less effect of the medicine then talk to your doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
Rush to the nearest hospital or talk to your doctor if you experience any unusual signs and symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Light headedness
- Changes in heart functioning
- Abnormal perception of heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Brief moments of increased brightness
Some of the serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Cardiac extra beats
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscle cramps
- High blood levels of uric acid
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Trimetazidine . Following are the drugs that shows interaction are:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug can cause severe dizziness, lightheadedness and blurred vision. Avoid using alcohol or certain medicines that enhances the effect of drowsiness
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Contact with your physician if you experience slow heartbeat or worsening chest pain
- Limit the amount of grapefruit juice intake, as its chemical ingredient increases the Trimetazidine in your blood stream
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Follow up with your doctor while taking this medicine. In case of any unusual symptom, talk to your doctor right away.
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose