|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.92||US$ 57.61||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.92||US$ 115.21||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.92||US$ 172.82||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Combivir|
|Strength||150 + 300 mg|
|Generic Name||Lamivudine + Zidovudine|
Description of the drug:
Lamivudine and Zidovudine are the active ingredients present in Duovir 150+300 mg. The drug belongs to the group of HIV medicines known as reverse transcriptase inhibitors that halt the multiplication of HIV virus in the body.
Indications and Usage:
- The medicine is prescribed to treat HIV that causes the disease known as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. This medicine will however not cure the body of HIV or AIDS. It may also be administered for conditions that are not mentioned here. You can buy Duovir 150+300 mg online.
Dosage and Administration
Take the medicine strictly as per the instruction of your doctor or according to the instructions mentioned in the medication label. Stick to your dosage unless your doctor advises otherwise. Do not take the medicine after the prescribed time is over.
The dosage of the drug may depend on several factors including sex, age, allergies to drugs and severity of condition among others. Your doctor will determine the dosage after examining you carefully.
2. Method of Administration:
You can take the medicine with or without food. Doctors generally prescribe a combination of medicines to treat HIV/AIDS.
3. Missed dose:
In case of missed dosage, take the medicine as soon as you remember. However, it is best to skip it if it is too close to the time for your next dosage.
- In case of an overdose, consult your doctor and seek emergency medical help immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form: Tablet
- Strength: 150 and 300 mg
- is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- Some people who took the medicine developed lactic acidosis. Some signs of the condition include muscle pain or weakness, numbness in the limbs, breathing problems, stomach ache, or nausea with vomiting. These symptoms can worsen over time. It is thus important to get medical attention when you observe the first few signs of lactic acidosis.
- The medicine may cause serious damage to your liver. Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms of liver damage including pain in upper stomach, which spreads to the back, fast heartbeats, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, itching, clay colored stools, dark urine, or jaundice.
- The drug can reduce the count of white blood cells in the body. This component prepares the body to fight away infections.
- It is important that you take proper steps to prevent getting infected such as being away from sick people or not engaging in activities that increase the risk of bleeding. Inform your doctor if you experience any sign of the infection while taking the medication.
- It is a FDA pregnancy category C medicine. It is not yet proven if it will harm an unborn baby if taken at the time of being pregnant. The drug can get into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. It is important that you notify your doctor in advance if you are planning to have a baby or if you are pregnant or you are breast feeding.
- If you have hepatitis B, you may experience liver symptoms even after you have stopped taking the medicine.
- In order to ensure that the medication is safe for you, make sure to let your doctor know if you suffer from any of the conditions: kidney disease, bone marrow suppression, or if you have used other HIV drugs in the past.
- Some side effects of the medicine are headache, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, or diarrhea. If any of these effects persist or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away. Some people may experience a sudden deterioration of a medical condition or development of a new one due to changes in the immune system. These are not the only side effects of the medicine. There may be others too. Consult your doctor if you notice any unusual symptoms.
- Avoid the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any medicine that contains these ingredients. Do not also take this medication with other drugs that comprise Lamivudine and Zidovudine.
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs: anti-cancer drugs such as doxorubicin, anti-viral drugs such as ganciclovir, sulfa drugs or interferons. These are not the only drugs that can interact with the medicine, there may be other drugs too.
- Lamivudine and Zidovudine are the active ingredients present in the medicine.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of reach of pets and children.
It is manufactured by Cipla, a well-known Indian pharmaceutical company.