|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Eye Drop/s||US$ 25.20||US$ 25.2051%US$ 51.45||
|3 Eye Drop/s||US$ 20.80||US$ 62.4060%US$ 154.37||
|6 Eye Drop/s||US$ 18.80||US$ 112.8063%US$ 308.74||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Azopt|
|Strength||1% (5 ml) Eye Drop|
|Generic Name||Brinzolamide opthalmic suspension|
|Manufacturer||Alcon Laboratories Inc|
Description of the drug
Brinzolamideis the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Azopt 1%(5ml) eye drop. It is an opthalmic suspension,following topical ocular administration formulated for topical ophthalmic usecontains a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, used to treat glaucoma an eye disorder
Indications and Usage
Azopt 1% (5ml) eye drop is used to treat increased pressure in the eye caused by an ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma, both eye conditions cause high pressure within the eye known as intraocular pressure that may lead to an eye pain and harm your vision. This medicament helps in reducing pressure by reducing the formation of aqueous humor secretion and thus relieves from an eye pain due to glaucoma.
Dosage and Administration
1-2 drops in the affected eye once, twice or thrice dailyis the recommended dose ofAcetazolamide. It is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
Method of Administration:
Azopt should be taken through ocular route that is through the eye. Always shake bottle well before use and slowly instill this medicines drop by drop, it is recommended to gently close the eyes for two minutes after the administration, do not allow the dropper tip of the bottle to touch the eye.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may lead to electrolyte imbalance, development of an acidotic state, and possible nervous system effects. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Brinzolamideopthalmic suspension is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Azopt Eye Drop 1% (5 ml)
- Brinolar Eye Drop 1% (5ml)
- Brinzolamide should not be used in patients hypersensitive to sulfonamide or other sulfonamide derivatives.
- Warnings and precautions
- Before buying Azopt 1% (5ml)eye drop online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients to avoid allergic reaction if the patient has any, with any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine.
- Brinzolamideis not suitable for those patients having corneal endothelium, there is a possibility for developing corneal edema in patient with low endothelial cell count therefore, use this drug with caution.
- Brinzolamide is not suitable for the patient having severe renal impairment
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Do not use this suspension if the bottle is cracked or damaged in any way
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Blurred vision for some time
- Bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Dry eye may occur in some cases
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular discharge
- Ocular keratitis
- Ocular pain
- Ocular rhinitis
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Kidney pain
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Tearing and urticaria
These are the drugs that can show drug interaction with Brinzolamideand can alter Its pharmacological effect:
- Oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitor
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Brinzolamide.
Azopt 1%(5ml)Eye Drop comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Brinzolamide, which is a potent carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.Carbonic anhydrase is an enzyme found in many tissues of the body,including the eye, itinitiates the reversible reaction involving the hydration of carbon dioxide and dehydration of carbonic acid that controls the fluid secretion and in the eye it inhibits the secretion of aqueous humor that decreases the intraocular pressure and thus used to treat open-angle glaucoma, and ocular hypertension.
- Azopt 1% (5ml) Eye Drop should be stored:
- Away from children and pet
- In cool dry place at room temperature
- Stored away from heat, light and moisture
- Do not use expired drugs
- Keep the medicine in a closed tight container
The drug is manufactured byAlcon Laboratories Inc, and Sun Pharma, Sun Pharma is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company located in Mumbai, India.