Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Aromasin|
Description of the drug
The active ingredient of the drug is Exemestane. It is an anti cancer drug used to treat breast cancer in those who have reached menopause.
Indications and Usage
The medicine is mainly used in treating breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It belongs to the class steroidal aromatase inhibitors.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dosage of the medicine is 25 mg tablet once daily after meal. The dosage may be adjusted after taking into consideration the severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction, age, weight, and several other factors.
-Method of Administration:
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water after meal.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. The missed dose should be skipped if it is close to the next dose and you may continue with the original schedule.
An overdose of the medicine should be reported as soon as possible to the emergency medical care unit.
Forms and Strengths
- Form: Tablet
- Strength: 25 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- The medicine should be used by women who have reached their menopause stage.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- The medicine is known to cause drowsiness hence, you must avoid any activity that requires alertness such as driving or operating any heavy machinery.
- Do not take the medicine and consult with your doctor in case you are allergic to the active ingredient or to any other ingredients of the drug.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Regular tests should be carried out so as to identify the progress.
- If there is no improvement even after taking the medicines for long then you must visit your doctor again.
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Abdominal pain
- Hot Flushes
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased sweating
- Hot Flushes
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. Inform your doctor in case the side effects persist or gets serious.
There are several medicine which when taken with Aromasin - 25 mg may result in drug interaction. Here is a list of such medicines which should not be taken with Aromasin - 25 mg as it may result in side effects and may increase or decrease the activity of the medicine:
- Ascorbic acid
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well. Tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that he can check for drug interaction.
The active ingredient of the drug is Exemestane. It works by stopping the growth of aromatase and thereby decreasing the amount of estrogen in the body.
The medicine is to be stored in a cool and dark place away from heat, light and moisture.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Pfizer, which is a renowned pharmaceutical company.