Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Valsartan|
Description of the drug
Valsartan is the main active ingredient present in Valzaar tablets. It is an oral drug formulation used to lower blood pressure (hypertension) and congestive heart failure.
Indications and Usage
Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It works by relaxing and expanding the blood vessel to mediate the free flow of blood to the heart, it is used to treat heart failure condition when the heart is unable to pump the enough blood to the rest of the body and thus improve the survival after a heart attack. Valzaar sometimes also used to treat kidney disease in people with diabetes and a high blood pressure.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Valzaar 40 mg is available is the form of a tablet and to be taken orally by mouth, it is to be taken once a day before or after having a meal and for the treatment of heart failure twice a day before or after having a meal.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you feel nauseatic; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Valsartan is available in the following strength under the brand name of Valzaar:
- Valzaar 40 mg
- Valzaar 80 mg
- Valzaar 160 mg
Valsartan should not be used in patients hypersensitive to sulfonamide or other sulfonamide derivatives
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Valsartan cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Valzaar 100 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, this drug is harmful to this condition so avoid taking it this drug
- If a patient suffered recently with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, this drug may worsen the condition therefore, consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Do not take this drug if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Don’t use this drug if the patient is on dialysis
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- If you have a history of stroke or a recent heart attack than consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Do not chew or crush the tablet swallow it with one full glass of water.
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Reduced number of red blood cells (anemia)
- Reduced number of platelets
- Liver function abnormalities
- Muscle and joint pain
- Changes in kidney function
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Unexplained weight gain
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Swelling of hands
- Low level of sugar in the blood
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Increases in blood urea
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Valsartan:
- Diuretics eg furosemide
- Potassium-sparing diuretics like amiloride, spironolactone or potassium supplements because of the risk of high blood potassium level.
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood pressure
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Valsartan.
Valzaar comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Valsartan, which is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (type AT1) helps in lowering blood pressure, It dilates and relax the blood vessel to increase the blood flow to the heart and thus lowers the blood pressure
Valsartan tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Valzaar 40 mg tablets are manufactured by Torrent Pharma, Novartis Pharmaceutical Turkey.