Description of the drug
Vardenafil-20 mg is mainly used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Indications and Usage
There are many who suffer from erectile dysfunction-ED or impotence. The medicine is used to treat male sexual function problems.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose of the medicine is 10 mg orally once a day approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity. The dosage may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg based on tolerability and efficacy. The maximum dosage that can be administered is 20 mg. The recommended dosage is fixed after taking into consideration several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, drug interaction, response to treatment.
-Method of Administration:
The medicine is to be administered by mouth with the help of a glass of water. Do not take the medicine more than once days i.e. allow 24 hours to pass in between two medicines.
Since the medicine needs to be taken on a need basis hence chance of missing the dose is rare.
The medicine should be taken only in the prescribed quantity. An overdose of medicine can lead to several side effects. Hence, overdose of the medicine should be reported to your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
Strength: 20 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Tell your doctor about any medicines that you are taking currently so as to avoid any drug interaction.
- Grapefruit juice or grapefruit should be avoided while taking the medicine.
- One must not drink alcohol as it can lead to several side effects.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- The drug does not provide protection against sexually transmitted diseases. Hence it is essential to practice safe sex using condoms.
Some of the common side effects of the medicine are:
- Vision changes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Ringing in your ears
- Heart attack symptoms
- Sudden hearing loss
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- A light-headed feeling
- Penis erection that is painful and lasts for few hours
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. One must consult a doctor in case of serious side effects.
Tell your doctor about the current medicines that you are using so as to avoid any drug interaction. When you are taking the medicine some of the other medicines that you should avoid are:
- Any other medicine that you use for erectile dysfunction
- An antibiotic such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin etc
- Antifungal medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole and others
- Drugs to treat prostate disorder or high blood pressure such as doxazosin, alfuzosin, prazosin, tamsulosin, terazosin, silodosin
- HIV/ AIDS medicine such as indinavir, atazanavir, ritonavir, saquinavir and so on
- Heart rhythm medicine such as dofetilide, amiodarone, dronedarone, disopyramide, procainamide, sotalol, quinidine and so on.
The active ingredient of the medicine is Vardenafil. It works by relaxing muscles that are found in the walls of blood vessels and thereby increasing blood flow to the penis to help a man get and keep an erection.
The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from the reach of children.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Sandoz, a renowned pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Valif 20 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.