Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Septra|
|Strength||400 + 80 mg|
|Generic Name||Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim|
Description of the drug:
Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim is the main active ingredient in drug Septran 400 + 80 mg. this drug belongs to the category of sulfonamides and methoprim. Sulfonamide is one of the major classes of antibiotics as it contains sulfonamide group. Trimethoprim belongs to methoprim category and in combination with Sulfamethoxazole, is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections.
Indication and usages:
Septran is an anti-bacterial drug prescribed by doctor mainly for the treatment of bacterial infections such as Enterococcus, Bacteroides fragilis, Haemophilus influenza, and Syphilis.
Dosage and administration:
The recommended dose of this drug for adults should be prescribed depending on the medical condition, initially it could be 400+80 mg tablets twice or thrice a day later on the dose can be adjusted as per the response of the patient towards the drug under the supervision of your doctor. Report your doctor after a regular time interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
-Mode of administration:
Septran 400+80 mg drug is available in the form of a tablet and this makes it easier to be consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Completely swallow this medicine with water. Do not chew it.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
The combination drug is available in the form of a tablet and it is applicable to the following strength/s:
- Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim- 400+80 mg
You can buy Septran 400 +80 mg drug online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Septran 400 +80 mg drug is reported to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Thyroid patients
- Malnourished people
- Patient who are allergic to Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim
- Lactating women
- Condition of HIV or AIDS
- Patient who have glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Folic acid deficiency
- Pregnant women
- Patient who are suffering from kidney problems
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Septran drug has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Septran drug along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- In a case if patient has to undergo surgery make sure to inform your doctor beforehand. Anaesthesia can cause hypotension and interfere with the working of this drug
- Avoid consuming Septran drug before taking any laboratory tests. This drug contains some water soluble constituent that can increase the serum plasma levels
- In case, you have renal disorders please, do inform your doctor before consuming this medicine. Meloxicam drug can have an adverse effect on kidneys, heart and Liver
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages if you are already using Septran. Alcohol can alter the effectiveness of this drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking can interfere with the working mechanism of this drug.
- When buy you Septran 400+80 mg drug online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make sure to note down of all the instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Septran drug is known to have severe complications and some of the below-mentioned side effects:
- Skin rashes
- Swollen glands
- Painful mouth and sores
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
- Stomach disturbances
- Stiffness of joints and muscles
- Mild Itching
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea
- Fever, chills and hives
- Liver problems
- Low sodium levels in the body
Several drugs are reported to interact with the working of the drug Septran- 400 + 80 mg. Some of these drugs are:
- Valproic acid
Septran 400+80 mg drug is composed of the following main ingredient/s:
It inhibits dihydropterote synthase that results in inhibition of PABA enzymatic conversion to dihydropteroic acid which is required for purine and dTMP synthesis leads to cessation of bacterial growth.
Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- Do not discard the expired medicine without wrapping it properly
Septran 400+80 mg drug is manufactured by one of the global transnational pharmaceutical company namely GSK. This company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes.