|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.36||US$ 10.65||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.35||US$ 21.29||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.35||US$ 31.92||
|US Brand Name||Sulfasalzine|
Description of the drug:
Sazo EN 500 mg drug is predominantly composed of an anti – inflammatory potent metabolite called Sulphasalazine. Sulphasalazine belongs to a class of chemically active category of sulpha drug and is derived from mesalazine. This drug is also otherwise called DMARD or disease modifying anti rheumatic drug. This drug acts as a modifier of the process by which several diseases affect the body along with curing the symptoms related to it.
Indications and Usage:
This drug is highly prescribed by doctors for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcers, psoriatic arthritis, and inflammation related to bowel disease. In several cases this drug has also been reported to treat the ailment caused to the hepatocyte liver cells due to liver cirrhosis.
Dosage and administration:
The recommended dose of this drug for adults is 500 mg once every day. The recommended dose of Sulphasalazine for children may be prescribed depending on the body weight. This medication can be consumed with or without food. It will be preferable to take this drug at the same time every day. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 18 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks but after taking advice from your doctor.
-Mode of administration:
Sulphasalazine is available in the form of a tablet and can be easily consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Do not take this medicine with fluid other than water like juice and milk as this can cause some problem related to the blood sugar level.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Sulphasalazine is available in the form of a tablet and is acailabel in the following strengths:
- Sazo EN – 500 mg
You can buy Sazo EN 500 mg tablets online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Sulphasalazine is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Hypersensitive reactions
- Children below 2 years of age
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Sulphasalazine has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Sulphasalazinetablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking this drug. This drug is known to cause dizziness and make you less attentive
- Make sure to consult your doctor before giving this medicine to children under the age of 18 years. Sulphasalazine can have adverse effect on infants
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be taken by the diabetic patient who is taking this medicine. Make sure to consume only the dose that has been prescribed by your doctor. Sulphasalazine may cause it a little difficult to control the normal blood sugar levels
- Men who are prescribed with this medication should take a proper care. Several cases have been reported where this drug can cause lowering of the total sperm count and hence, affect fertility
- When you buy Sazo EN 500 mg from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com make sure to prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Sulphasalazine has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
- Renal problems
Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Sulphasalazine. Some of them are:
- Some immune-stimulatory drugs
- Drugs used for the treatment of colorectal cancer
Sulphasalazine is the main active ingredient present in the drug Sazo EN 500 mg. This drug acts in the small intestine and particularly in the colon where it gets cleaved by the bacteria. This drug is then absorbed in the colon and lowers the production of inflammatory mediators like cytokines, eicosanoids. Several reports have confirmed this drug as a mild immunosuppressant.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
Sulphasalazine drug is manufactured by one of the leading global company Wallace Pharmaceuticals.