|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 14.19||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 28.38||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 42.57||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Prilosec|
Description of the drug
Omeprazole is the main active ingredient present in Omez 40 mg tablet. It is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problem such as ulcer, acid reflux and relieves the symptoms of heartburn, difficulty in swallowing, and persistent cough.
Indications and Usage
Omeprazole belongs to a group of medicines known as ‘proton-pump inhibitor’ used to treat the ulcer and acid reflux problem, a condition in which backward flow of acid from the stomach causes heart burn also causes injury to the esophagus. This drug helps in reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces that cures the heartburn and heals the esophagus.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Omez 40 mg is available in the form of a tablet and capsule should be taken orally by mouth with a good amount of water. It is usually recommended to take this drug in the morning with an empty stomach but can be taken after having a meal as directed by your doctor
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you collapsed and cause shortness of breath; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Omeprazole is available in the following strength under the brand name of Omez:
- Omez 10 mg
- Omez 20 mg
- Omez 40 mg
Omeprazole should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Omeprazole cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Omez 40 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Not suitable for those patients who is having a sugar intolerance because this drug contains sucrose.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Do not take this drug if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Don’t use this drug if the patient is on dialysis
- Do not chew or crush the tablet swallow it with one full glass of water.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly, this may cause diarrhea
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasm
- Change in blood count (lack of white blood cells)
- Severe liver problem
- Enlarged breasts in men
- Hypomagnesaemia (low level of magnesium in the blood)
- Drug Interactions
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Omeprazole:
- Nalfinavir, a drug which is used to treat HIV infection.
- Clopidogrel which is used to prevent clotting of the blood
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole used to treat fungal infections
- Digoxin used for heart problems
- Diazepam used for anxiety, relax muscles or in epilepsy
- Phenytoin used in epilepsy
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Omeprazole.
Omez comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Omeprazole, which is a ‘proton-pump inhibitor’used alone or with other medications to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, a certain stomach and esophagus problems such as acid reflux and ulcer. This drug belongs to the class of drug known as proton pump inhibitor it works by decreasing the amount of acid that the stomach makes and thus it relieves the symptoms of heartburn, persistent cough and helps in healing acid damage to stomach and esophagus that prevent
Omeprazole tablet should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Omez 40 mg tablet are manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, It is an indian multinational pharmaceutical company, located in Hyderabad, India.