|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Bottle/s||US$ 9.46||US$ 9.46||
|2 Bottle/s||US$ 9.46||US$ 18.92||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Rogaine|
|Strength||2% (60 ml)|
Mintop Solution 2%
Minoxidil is a drug given in the treatment of male pattern baldness. Male pattern baldness or Androgenic alopecia is a result of androgen imbalance in the body. There is thinning of hair on the top of the head. Minoxidil is available in the topical solution dosage form. This type of dosage form gives the following advantages:
- Site specific delivery of the medicament
- Easy to apply
- Prevents first pass metabolism
- Prevents side effects such as abdominal discomfort
- Better therapeutic response
Minoxidil is one of the most recommended products used in the treatment of androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness.
The ailments it is used for:
Minoxidil is a pharmaceutical drug given for the treatment of Male pattern baldness. This also helps in hair growth in women with thinning of hair.
Understanding the drug Minoxidil:
How it works?
Minoxidil promotes hair growth as it:
- Shortens telogen phase and causes premature entry of resting hair follicles into anagen phase
- Prolongs the anagen phase and increases hair follicle size
- Opens the adenosine triphosphate -potassium channels in vascular smooth muscles and improves the viability of hair follicles
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Minoxidil if you:
- Are hypersensitive to Minoxidil
- Have a heart related problems
- Have damaged, irritated or sunburned scalp skin
- Have diseases of the Scalp
- Are pregnant or planning to become
- Are breast feeding
- Have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
How much to apply?
Always apply the dose as instructed by the doctor. Generally, 1 ml of Minoxidil lotion is applied on the bald area.
What are the strengths available?
Minoxidil is available in three strength combination at our website:
- Mintop lotion 2% (60 ml)
- Coverit 2% (60 ml)
- Tugain 5% (60 ml)
Who is the manufacturer?
Mintop lotion 2% (60 ml) is manufactured by Dr Reddy’s laboratories, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1 bottle.
Coverit 2 %( 60 ml) is manufactured by Micro Labs, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1 bottle
Tugain 5% (60 ml) is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1 bottle.
How to apply?
Always apply the lotion as instructed by the Doctor. Go through the instruction manual given along with the lotion. Apply 1 ml of the lotion on the affected scalp areas. Wash the hands before and after using the lotion. Don’t use the lotion for more than 2 ml in one day. Apply carefully and avoid getting the lotion in the eyes, nose or mouth.
When to apply?
Always take the Minoxidil as instructed by the Doctor. Apply the lotion twice a day.
For how long should it be taken?
Apply the lotion as long as recommended by the Doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of the treatment can cause fall of the newly grown hair within a few months. Consult your Doctor about the total time span of using Coverit
What if you apply too much (overdose)?
Generally, there are no chances of overdose of the Minoxidil. If excess lotion is applied, then immediately contact with your Doctor. Headache, redness and warmth of the affected area may takes place when applied lotion in excess.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to apply the medicinal lotion at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
What are the side effects?
Minoxidil is very effective and potent lotion used to treat male pattern baldness but like every medicine, it also possesses some side effects. This is not necessary that each individual will encounter them.
Some common side effects are listed below:
- Itching , redness and flaking of the skin
Some serious side effects are as follows:
- Dizziness and lightheadedness
- Allergic reactions like breathing problems
- Swollen lips , face and tongue
- Irregular heartbeat
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always tell doctor about the medicines you are taking. Doctor will provide you a list of the drugs that will interact with Minoxidil and can bring changes in its therapeutic efficacy. Avoid the application of the other topical solution while using the Minoxidil solution.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always apply the lotion as per prescription
- Always store the topical solution at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Don’t use the expired topical lotion
- This lotion is flammable so keep it away from fire
- Pregnant women should avoid coming in contact with the drug
- Seek medical help if you experience any unusual conditions
- Apply the drug regularly to get the desired effect