Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Amikin|
|Generic Name||Amikacin Sulphate|
Description of the drug
Amikacin Sulphate is the main active ingredient present in Mikacin500mgInjection. Amikacin is a man-made aminoglycoside antibiotic. It is similar to tobramycin and gentamicin. This drug is used to treat multiple variety of bacterial infections. Amikacin injection will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections.
Indications and Usage
Amikacin Sulphate is used to treat certain serious infections that are caused by bacteria, such as meningitis (infection of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord) and infections of the blood, abdomen (stomach area), lungs, skin, bones, joints, and urinary tract. Amikacin injection is in a class of medications called aminoglycoside antibiotics.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition, therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
The drug is available in the form of an Injection. Amikacin injection comes in a sterile liquid form to be injected intravenously that is in a vein or intramuscularly that is into a muscle, every 8 or 12 hours (two or three times a day). When Amikacin is injected intravenously, it is usually injected slowly over a period of 30 to 60 minutes. The length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have. If you are taking this medicament at home, use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug AmikacinSulphateinjection is available in the following strength under the brand name of Mikacin:
- Mikacin- 500mg Injection
- Amikacin Sulphate should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be taken by a pregnant woman
- Lactating mother should not use this drug, this drug may have a possibility to pass through a breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- Patients who suffer from myasthenia gravis or Parkinson's disease, should not take this drug.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Amikacin Sulphate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Mikacin 500mg injection online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients with a history of a severe allergic reaction, must inform your doctor before taking this medicament
- Patients who have a severe liver problem, must take your doctor’s advice regarding the use of this medicament.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Patients having any kind of kidney problem, should consult their doctor before taking this medicament
- Patients having a cystic fibrosis problem, must inform your doctor prior taking this medicament.
- Do not take this drug if the patient having a nerve-muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis or muscular dystrophy.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Peeling or blistering
- Breathing problem
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of AmikacinSulphate:
- Amphotericin B
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of AmikacinSulphate.
Mikacin 500 mg comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Amikacin Sulphate. This drug is known to prevent the bacterial growth and its replication. It works by fighting it with bacteria by interfering in its growth process and thereby kills the bacteria which are responsible for the infection.
Amikacin Sulphate injections should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Mikacin 500 mg injection is manufactured by is manufactured by Cipla. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Inhalex 15 mg Respules online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.