Irinotel 100 mg/5ml
Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Camptosar|
Description of the drug:
Irinotel is an anti-cancer drug that restricts the spread of cancer cells in the body. Irinotecan is its active ingredient that is used to diagnose the cancers of the colon and rectum. Doctors usually prescribe this drug with other cancer medicines with a combination of chemotherapy.
This medication is also known as an antineoplastic agent that helps to stop the growth of cancer cells.
Indications and Usage:
Irinotecan or Irinotel is indicated as a component of the first-line therapy that is administered in combination with 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin in those patients suffering from metastatic carcinoma of colon or rectum. Doctors also recommend it in the treatment of metastatic carcinoma of the colon or rectum that occurs or recurs following 5-FU used therapy. In some cases, Irinotecan is also prescribed along with other medications to treat small cell lung cancer. Consult your doctor about the risks of using this medication.
- Recommended dose:
The dosage of Irinotecan is based on the medical condition of a patient as well as his/her body size, and response to treatment.
- Method of Administration:
This medication is available in the form of liquid that can be injected into the vein using a syringe by healthcare providers. Usually, it is given once in a week, according to a schedule that alternates one or more weeks when you receive this drug for a longer time. Your doctor may recommend a DNA test before giving the first dose of Irinotecan as some people are genetically more likely to experience its side effects.
If this medication comes into contact with your skin, wash the skin immediately to avoid any infection. If this medication gets into your eyes, mouth, or nose,s then use a flush of water to remove it completely. It’s recommended to consult your doctor for more details of this drug.
- Missed dose
Since this medication is given once a week, it’s advised not to miss it. One or two days of delay can be afforded but tell your doctor if you miss a regular dose of Irinotecan.
An accidental overdose of Irinotecan may cause a sore throat, fever, chills, cough, and diarrhea. Seek immediate medical attention if you have taken its overdose.
Forms and Strengths:
Irinotecan is available in the form of injection in the following strength:
Irinotel 100 mg/5 ml
It is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to the drug or its excepients.
Warnings and precautions:
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Irinotecan, sorbitol, or any other medications.
- It may affect your vision temporarily, so do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- If you receive any vaccinations then consult with your doctor during the treatment with this medication.
- Report any symptoms of fluid or electrolyte loss to your doctor.
- This medication may increase the level of plasma-bilirubin concentration and cause severe bone marrow activities.
- Caution needed for patients living with diabetes, liver, lung, fructose, intolerance, or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking ketoconazole (Nizoral). It’s possible that your doctor will probably tell you not to take ketoconazole for one week before you start your treatment with Irinotecan or during the treatment.
- It could harm the unborn baby, so you try to use effective birth control and tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
- Those who have undergone a surgery, including dental surgery, they should tell the doctor or dentist before receiving Irinotecan.
There are some possible side effects of Irinotecan, such as:
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling and sores in the mouth
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Joint pain and back pain
There are some serious side effects of this drug, such as:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath or swallowing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Swollen stomach
- Unexpected or unusual weight gain
- Swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
You will come across some more side effects while browsing Irinotel 100 mg/5 ml online.
Those who are too allergic should consult doctors before taking Irinotecan. Don’t receive ‘live’ vaccines, including measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), polio, rotavirus, varicella (chickenpox), typhoid, yellow fever, zoster (shingles), and nasal flu (influenza) along with Irinotecan.
Sometimes this drug can bring nausea and impair your thinking capacity for a moment, so try to avoid driving or any hard work immediately after taking it. Moreover, this medicine can pass into body fluids, so the first 48 hours are very crucial after taking a dose of Irinotecan. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines, specifically related to:
- Antiviral medicine to treat hepatitis or HIV/AIDS –delavirdine, saquinavir, efavirenz, fosamprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, nevirapine, atazanavir, boceprevir, cobicistat (Stribild, Tybost), ritonavir, telaprevir
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin
- Antifungal medicines including ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole
- Seizure medicines, such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, fosphenytoin, oxcarbazepine, primidone etc.
Each ml of Irinotel contains Irinotecan HCl, which works by blocking the action of an enzyme in cells called topoisomerase I. Cells need this enzyme to divide, if this enzyme is blocked by Irinotecan, then the cells’s DNA gets tangled up and the cancer cells can’t divide further.
Store Irinotel at controlled room temperature (15° to 30°C) and keep this drug away from children and pets. Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Do not use outdated drug and properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.
Irinotel is manufactured by Fresenius Kabi Oncology Limited, an India-based research and development company. You can easily buy Irinotel 100mg/5ml from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.