|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Inhaler||US$ 14.00||US$ 14.19||
|2 Inhaler||US$ 14.00||US$ 28.00||
|3 Inhaler||US$ 14.00||US$ 42.00||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Symbicort Inhaler|
|Strength||6/200 mcg (120 mdi) Inhaler|
|Generic Name||Formoterol Fumarate + Budesonide|
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate are the two active ingredients simultaneously act on the airways and help in reducing inflammation and dilates the constricted bronchioles. This all leads to dilation of the narrowed bronchioles. It is indicated for the treatment and prevention of bronchospasm associated with reversible COPD, chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate combination is available in an inhaler dosage form. It is a portable device used for releasing the medication into the body via lungs. Metered dose inhaler is a form of inhaler in which fixed dose of drug is present in an aerosol form. This dosage form exerts rapid action with least side effects. They act on the target site and produce the action. The inhaled maximal effect takes place within five to 20 minutes of dosing. It is one of the most recommended drugs used in the prevention of Asthma.
The ailments it is used for:
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate is used in prevention of bronchospasm associated with reversible COPD, chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Understanding the drug Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate:
How it works?
This dual combination effectively produces hassle free breathing process. They collectively relax the muscles and increase the airflow to the lungs.
This medicine directly goes into the airways and lungs and produces its effect. It prevents the signs and symptoms of Asthma. It has anti-inflammatory action and acts on the inflamed airways. This reduces the inflammation by scavenging harmful mediators of inflammation and causes narrowing of the airways. This way, it facilitates smooth breathing and avoids constriction of airways. It is recommended to be used daily as it prevents the development of asthma symptoms
It is a rapid acting beta -2 receptor agonists as it stimulates them and causes smooth muscle relaxation. Its main goal is to stop the production of inflammatory chemicals that constantly blocks the airways and hinders smooth breathing activities. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and prevents unwanted symptoms like wheezing, coughing and choking.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate if:
- You are allergic to Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate
- You have narrow angle glaucoma
- Have diabetes
- Are heart patient
- Have hyperthyroidism
- Have an electrolyte imbalance
- Have epilepsy
- Have liver problems
- You have prostate related problems
- You are planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
How much to take?
The best dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions. Dose can vary widely and is required to be taken on regular basis.
What are the strengths available?
Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate is available in four strength combinations on our website:
- Foracort Forte inhaler 12 mcg + 400 mcg
- Foracort inhaler 6 mcg + 400 mcg
- Foracort inhaler 6 mcg+ 400 mcg
- Foracort Forte inhaler 6 mcg + 200 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Foracort Forte Inhaler and Foracort Inhaler is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals ltd, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in the pack of 120 doses.
How to take?
Always use the medicine as per prescription. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in a upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating the steps as mentioned above
When to take?
Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Always try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as per Doctor’s instructions. Abrupt discontinuation can produce unwanted reactions. This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as early as possible.
What if you miss the dose?
Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
What are the side effects?
Every drug has some side effects associated with it. Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate also has some unwanted effects, but it is not necessary that everyone will experience them. Some common side effects are as following:
- Runny nose, sore throat and other cold symptoms
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Mild headache
- White patches in your mouth or throat
Some rare and serious side effects that need immediate medical attention are mentioned below:
- Worsening asthma symptoms
- Blurred vision, eye pain and other vision related problems
- Fever, chills, body aches and fatigue
- Cough with yellow or green mucus, chest pain and breath shortness
- Hypokalemia symptoms
- High blood pressure symptoms
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug doesn’t produce immediate relief so is not given in acute asthma attack
- If this medicine gets in your eyes, rinse with water immediately as it may cause vision related problems
- Using steroidal drug for a longer time can weaken your immune system. So, it is better to avoid coming in contact with people who have communicable infections like chicken pox and measles