|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Doses||US$ 11.83||US$ 11.83||
|2 Pack/s||US$ 12.14||US$ 24.28||
|3 Pack/s||US$ 12.14||US$ 36.43||
|US Brand Name||Astelin|
|Strength||140 mcg + 50 mcg|
|Generic Name||Azelastine HCl Fluticasone Propionate BP|
Description of the drug
Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate is the main active ingredient present in Duonase – 140 mcg + 50 mcg ml Nasal Spray. Azelastine Hcl is an anti- allergic drug that is given in allergic conditions like itchy, red or stuffy nose. Fluticasone Propionate is a synthetic corticosteroid given in the condition called inflammation. This medication is available in the form of ophthalmic solution or in the form of Nasal Sprays. Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Sprays relieve the symptoms by inhibiting the histamine action in the body.
Indications and Usage
Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate together is used to control symptoms of asthma, allergies of nose, throat or chest that cause symptoms of stuffy, runny or itchy nose, sneezing and watery, itchy or red eyes, skin problems like itchy rash (eczema), redness and itchiness (psoriasis), inflammation (dermatitis), prickly heat or insect bites in adults or dermatitis in children.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Duonase is available in the form of a Nasal Spray, this medication should be taken through nose. Before applying this medicament shake the bottle, close one nostril by pressing it with your finger keep the bottle upright, carefully insert the nasal applicator into the open nostril. Press down firy on the pump to deliver the prescribed number of sprays, while gently breathing in through the nose. It is advised to read the leaflet that comes with this medicine, carefully and follow your doctor’s instructions while using this drug.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimetime it may be poisnous. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Duonase - 140 mcg + 50 mcg ml Nasal Spray
- Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant women, or to whom who are planning to get pregnant in near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- This drug should not be used by children who are less than 3 years of age.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Duonase – 140 mcg + 50 mcg ml Nasal Sprays online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having severe asthma problem must tell your doctor befor taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of slow heart rate, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Pateints who are having a weak immune system or having a Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), must inform your doctor regarding this problem before taking this medicament.
- Pateints having a cancer should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who have an imbalance acid base balance in your body, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who wear soft contact lenses should avoid using this drug, it may harm you.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the old aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Runny nose
- Body ache
- Stuffy nose
- Easy bleeding and bruising
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate . Co- administration of any other nasal spray may cause serious drug interaction therefore, its safe to consult your doctor regarding your medical history so that any harmful effect will be avoided.
Duonase comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate . Azelastine Hcl belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines, an antiallergy medicine that decreases production of the chemical histamine which is responsible for initiating allergic responses where as Fluticasone Propionate belongs to a class of drugs called glucocorticoids/steroids. It prevents the release of the substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
Azelastine Hcl and Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Sprays should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep these Nasal Sprays opened.
Duonase – 140 mcg + 50 mcg ml Nasal Spray is manufactured by Cipla. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Duonase – 140 mcg + 50 mcg ml Nasal Spray online from our website and have it will delivered at your doorstep.