Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Drogenil|
Description of the drug
Flutamide is the main active ingredient present in Cytomid tablets. It is an oral non-steroidal antiandrogen drug. The drug is used in the treatment of prostate cancer. The medicine is prescribed for men only.
Indications and Usage
Flutamide is used in men to treat prostate cancer of advanced stage or metastatic prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the cancer of the prostate gland present in the males. The disease causes pain, difficulty in urination, or erectile dysfunction. This drug is administered as a monotherapy or in combination with a luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone analogue. It is not approved for use alone or with other treatments.
Dosage and Administration
250 mg once daily is the recommended dose of Flutamide therapy in combination with LHRH. Do not alter or stop the course of the treatment under any circumstances. Doing so may worsen your condition.
-Method of Administration:
You should start taking Flutamide tablets at the same time as LHRH medicine. It can be taken before or after meals. It has to be swallowed with water. Do not try to break or crush the tablets. When you buy Cytomid 50 mg online, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you feel nauseatic, it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic
symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Flutamide is available in the following strength under the brand name of Cytomid
- Cytomid 250 mg
Flutamide is not suitable for women.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Flutamide cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Cytomid 250 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Flutamide is extensively metabolized in the liver. Severe hepatic changes and liver failure have been reported. Therefore, the drug should be used with caution in patients with liver problems. Patients should periodically repeat liver function tests while using the drug. Let your doctor know about your exact condition and medical history. Even, if you plan to buy Cytomid 250 mg tablets, first speak to your doctor.
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of man’s breasts) and breast pain have also been observed during treatment with Flutamide.
- LHRH agonist may cause reduction in glucose tolerance in males. Monitoring of blood glucose level is considered in patients receiving Calutide tablets in combination with LHRH agonists.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Hot flushes or sweating
- Itching or dry skin
- Stomach pain or indigestion
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in sleeping
- A decrease in your sexual drive
- Frequent urination
- Yellowing of the skin, eyes and dark colored urine
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Flutamide:
- A blood thinner such as Warfarin
- Vitamin tablets
- Cisapride for indigestion
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Bicalutamide.
Cytomid comprises of an active ingredient called Flutamide. The drug works as a perfect alternative to natural anti-androgen, and blocks the functionality by binding with the androgenic receptors. Androgens like testosterone are natural male sex hormone. These hormones are sometimes responsible for the growth of the cancer cells.
Cytomid 250 mg tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
The drug is manufactured by Cipla Limited. Cipla is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Cytomid 250 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.