|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 11.92||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 23.84||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 35.75||
|US Brand Name||Cerazette|
Description of the drug
Desogestrel is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Cerazette 0.08 mg tablet. It a synthetic progestogen, similar to the natural progestogens produced by the body. This medicine contains a small amount of one type of female sex hormone, the progestagen desogestrel. For this reason Cerazette is called a progestagen-only-pill (POP), or a mini-pill. This medication is a method of contraception used to prevent pregnancy.
Indications and Usage
Cerazette is used as a contraception pill and it contains a small amount of a synthetic progestogen called desogestrel, which is similar to the natural progestogens produced by the body. This medicine is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Cerazette contraceptive pills are particularly useful for women who are breast feeding and also for women who are unable to use estrogen containing contraceptive pills or do not wish to take oestrogen because of its associated health risks.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition, therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Cerazette 0.08 mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth, usually once a day with a glass of water as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush or chew the tablet, it will cause you a bitter taste.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In the case of an overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Desogestrel is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Cerazette 0.08 mg Tablet.
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation
- This drug should not be used in pregnant women
- Do not use this medication if the patient has had a cancer, such as breast cancer or a cancer of the womb lining or ovary
- This drug should not be used in women, who are suffering from unexplained abnormal vaginal bleeding
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected sex-steroid sensitive malignancies
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Desogestrel cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Cerazette 0.08 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- If the patient is having any heart disease, including heart failure in the past six months, then consult your doctor, let him know about your medical history prior taking this medicament.
- If the patient is suffering from Thrombosis. Thrombosis is the formation of a blood clot in a blood vessel such as deep venous thrombosis or the lungs such as pulmonary embolism. In these conditions this drug should not be consumed without consulting the doctor. It is advised to take this drug only after consulting and prescription of the doctor.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, if they ever had bleeding in the brain, stroke, heart attack, or other serious blood vessel problems. In this case, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are suffering from asthma, diabetes, migraine or an epilepsy problem. In these conditions, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is suffering from jaundice. Consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, suffering from tuberculosis. Consult your doctor, let him know about your medical problem before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those women who have a history of breast nodules, fibrocystic disease of the breast, an abnormal breast x-ray or mammogram, or irregular or scanty menstrual periods. Consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those women, who are suffering from any kind of cancer. It is advised to tell your doctor about your disease before taking this medicament.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
- Changes in menstrual bleeding, eg., irregular bleeding or sometimes stopping of bleeding.
- Mood changes, including depression.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Breast tenderness.
- Weight gain.
- Rash or hives.
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Mood swings
- Vaginal discharge
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Cysts on the ovaries
- Painful menstrual cycle
- Less sexual desire
- Signs of blood clot
- Irritation or itching of the skin in or around the vagina.
- Breasts become swollen, tender or painful
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Desogestrel:
- Perampanel (12mg)
- The herbal remedy St John's wort (Hypericumperforatum)
- Selegiline (should be avoided in combination with the pill)
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Cerazette 0.08 mg tablet.
Cerazette 0.08 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Desogestrel. It is a progestogen only pill (POP), contains a small amount of one type of female sex hormone, the progestogen desogestrel. Most POPs work primarily by preventing the sperm cells from entering the womb, but they do not always prevent the egg cell from ripening, which is the main way that combined pills work. Cerazette is different from most POPs in having a dose that in most cases prevents the egg cell from ripening. As a result, Cerazette is a highly effective contraceptive. In contrast to the combined pill, Cerazette can be used by women who do not tolerate oestrogens and by women who are breast feeding.
Cerazette 0.08 mg tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Cerazette tablet is manufactured by NV Organon Limited, It develops and manufactures the pharmaceutical products, located in Oss, Netherland. You can easily buy Cerazette 0.08 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.