|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Capsules||US$ 0.79||US$ 23.57||
|60 Capsules||US$ 0.79||US$ 47.13||
|90 Capsules||US$ 0.79||US$ 70.71||
|US Brand Name||Omnipen|
Campicillin contains 500 mg of Ampicillin, which is an antibiotic medication. It can kill or suppress the growth of microorganisms. Ampicillin is effective in treating a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic bacteria. It effectively treats urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhoea, respiratory tract infections, infections of the stomach or intestines.
The doctor best prescribes the dosage of Campicilin 500 mg after monitoring your health. The antibiotic drug begins working within 1 to 2 hours after administration. You will start to feel better in just 2 to 3 days of initiating the treatment. But make sure you finish the entire course of treatment, even if the condition gets better.
Adults and children weighing over 20 kg:
For the treatment of genitourinary or gastrointestinal tract infections other than gonorrhoea in men and women, the usual dose is 500 mg four times a day in equally spaced doses. Severe or chronic infections may require larger doses. Irrespective of age and weight. Ampicillin may increase gastric acid; therefore, it should be administered at least an hour before or two hours after meals.
In case of overdose, discontinue therapy, treatment symptoms and supportive measure are required. In patients with kidney problems, ampicillin-class antibiotics can be removed by haemodialysis.
Symptoms of a penicillin overdose include hallucinations, confusion, seizures, encephalopathy, agitation, asterixis and electrolyte imbalance with potassium or sodium salts.
Maintain adequate hydration during the treatment, and you may experience nausea or vomiting. Complete the prescription, even if you are feeling better. Take it on an empty stomach with a glass full of water. Unnecessary or overuse may decrease its effectiveness.
Before taking Campicillin 500 mg, you should not inform the doctor of any history of sensitivity to allergens, including hypersensitivity reactions to penicillins and cephalosporins.
Campicillin 500 mg is contraindicated in case of a history of allergic to penicillin or cephalosporins. A serious hypersensitivity reaction to any of the penicillins is a contraindication.
When administered concurrently, the following drugs may interact with Campicillin antibiotic:
- Oral contraceptives - These may make your antibiotic drug less effective and increase the risk of breakthrough bleeding.
- Bacteriostatic antibiotics - Drugs such as erythromycins, tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, or sulfonamides may interfere with the bactericidal effects of a penicillin-type antibiotic.
- Probenecid - This drug may increase the levels of Ampicillin in the bloodstream.
- Allopurinol - Concomitant use may increase the possibility of skin rash
Concurrent use with other antibiotics or medications that add to or potentiate toxic effects. Alcohol should not be used during the treatment.
Side effects most associated with antibiotics are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, and anorexia. Some produce photosensitivity.
The following side effects have been reported as associated with the use of Campicillin 500:
- Gastrointestinal problems - Mildly pruritic erythematous and maculopapular skin rash has been reported frequently.
- Hypersensitivity reactions - Stomatitis, vomiting, nausea, vomiting, enterocolitis, glossitis, pseudomembranous colitis, and diarrhoea. These adverse effects are usually associated with the oral form of penicillin-type antibiotics. The medicine is effective
Let your doctor know if you develop any of these adverse reactions.