Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name
|Butenafine Hcl Cream
Description of the drug
Butenafine Hcl is the main active ingredient present in Butop 15 gm cream. It is applied topically and is used to treat certain fungal infections of the skin. It comes in various formulations like cream, powder, lotion and spray.
Indications and Usage
Butenafine Hcl is an antifungal agent applied topically, used to treat athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and vaginal infection. Symptoms of vaginal infection include itching, irritation and burning sensation. This drug works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane that weakens the membrane and kills the formation of the fungus and thus cures itching, irritation, burning, cracking, scaling and discomfort due to skin infection.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
Butop 15gm cream is usually applied once a day for 2 to 6 weeks. The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Butop is a cream to be applied topically on the skin, apply a enough quantity of cream to cover an infected area of the skin and rub it well, wash and clean the affected area with soap and water for better result before applying this drug. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Butenafine cream is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
Butop 1% (15gm)
• Butenafine cream should not be used in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the components present in the formulation.
• This drug should not be used in children under 2 years of age.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Butenafine Hydrochloride cream cannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Butop 15 gm cream online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for those who are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- This drug is intended for external use only, no to be taken orally.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament
- Avoid wrapping of the affected area
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament
- Keep this drug away from eye, nose, and mouth
- If this drug comes in contact with eyes by mistake, wash your eyes thoroughly with water and contact your doctor regarding the same.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Mild irritation
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Tightness of chest
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect Butenafine:
- Using other drug with this medicament may show some interaction, so avoid using other drug while using this or contact your doctor regarding the same
- Corticosteriods such as Prednisone
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Butenafine.
Butop 1% (15gm) cream comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called ButenafineHclwhich is an antifungal agent, used to heal the skin due to fungal infection, it works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell membrane and weakens the fungus and thus relieves from the fungal infection.
Butenafine cream should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Butop cream is manufactured by Cipla. It is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Butop 15 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.