|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Injection/s||US$ 18.48||US$ 18.48||
|3 Injection/s||US$ 18.48||US$ 55.44||
|5 Injection/s||US$ 18.48||US$ 92.40||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zometa|
|Generic Name||Zoledronic Acid|
Description of the drug:
Zoledronic Acid is used for the treatment of high blood calcium levels caused by cancer. Also called ZOMETA, Zoledronic Acid 4 mg/5 ml Injection is a proven treatment that can reduce or delay bone complications caused by cancer. Zoledronic Acid is a bisphosphonate. It prevents the breakdown of bone; reduces the amount of calcium released into the blood from bones and helps to lower your blood calcium level. ZOMETA is used with anti-cancer medicines.
Indications and Usage:
Zoledronic Acid injection is indicated for the treatment of Paget's disease of bone in men and women. It is also used with other medicines to treat patients with certain types of cancer, such as:
• Bone lesions from multiple myelomas
• Bone complications from certain metastatic cancers that have spread to the bone—including breast, lung, and prostate cancer,
• Hypocalcemia of malignancy (HCM)
Dosage and Administration:
- Recommended dose:
The maximum recommended a dose of Zoledronic Acid in hypercalcemia of malignancy is 4 mg as a single-dose intravenous infusion over no less than 15 minutes.
- Method of Administration:
Zoledronic Acid injection solution for infusion must not be allowed to come in contact with any calcium or other divalent solutions, and it should be administered as a single intravenous solution through a separate vented infusion line.
- Missed dose
If you miss an appointment to receive a Zoledronic Acid infusion, call your doctor as soon as possible to establish a new dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to mend the loss.
If you have taken an overdose of Zoledronic injection then inform your doctor immediately about it. Its excess dose may cause fever, change in the amount of urine, weakness, sudden tightening of muscles or muscle cramps, irregular heartbeat, uncontrollable eye movements, depression, difficulty walking etc.
Forms and Strengths:
5 mg in a 100 ml is confirmed to be a ready-to-infuse solution.
Zoledronic acid injection is contraindicated in patients with the following conditions:
- Poor renal function
- Creatinine clearance less than 35 ml/min and in those with evidence of acute renal impairment due to an increased risk of renal failure
- Known hypersensitivity to zoledronic acid
- Hypersensitivity reactions including urticaria, angioedema, and anaphylactic reaction have been reported
Warnings and precautions:
- Patients being treated with ZOMETA should not be treated with same drug class or other bisphosphonates.
- Hypocalcaemia of malignancy must be adequately rehydrated prior to administration of Zometa. It should be used with caution with other nephrotoxic drugs.
- Don’t use this drug if you are allergic to any ingredient in Zoledronic Acid
- This drug is excreted intact primarily via kidney increases severe renal impairment and the risk of renal deterioration in patients.
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) has been reported predominantly in cancer patients treated with intravenous bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA.
- In post-marketing experience, severe and occasionally incapacitating bone, joint, and/or muscle pain has been reported in patients taking bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA.
- There may be a risk of fetal harm if a woman becomes pregnant after completing a course of bisphosphonate therapy.
- Hypocalcemia has been reported in patients taken ZOMETA.
There are some common side effects of Zoledronic Acid that include:
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Worsening of cancer
- Urinary tract infection
- Low phosphate levels
- Fungal infection (moniliasis)
- Low potassium levels
- Skeletal pain
- Sclera, episclera, conjunctiva
- Low blood pressure
- Fluid build-up in the eye
- Redness and swelling may occur at the site of injection
Eye-related side effects may occur with bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Tell your doctor or nurse straight away if any of the side effects get severe. You will come across some more side effects while browsing for Zoldonat 4 mg online.
Drug interactions may cause a change in medications work and, in the result, increase risk of serious side effects. Therefore, share with your doctor and pharmacist about all the prescribed or non-prescribed medicines and other products.
While using this medication, you should not be treated with other bisphosphonates, including other brands of Zoledronic Acid used to prevent or treat bone loss. Some products that may interact with this drug include calcium-containing IV fluids, "water pills" such as bumetanide, furosemide, and hydrochlorothiazide.
Zoldonat medicine has Zoledronic Acid 5 mg in 100 ml as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of drugs called bisphosphonates. It works by lowering high blood calcium levels by reducing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood. It also slows the breakdown of the bones by cancer to prevent bone factures.
Keep this medication away from children and pets. Usually, your doctor will store this medication in his or her office and give it to you as needed. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.
Zoledronic Acid injections are manufactured by the Indian pharmaceutical company Natco Pharma. You can easily buy Zoldonat 4 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.