|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.10||US$ 3.86||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.12||US$ 7.73||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.12||US$ 11.59||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Tegretol CR|
Carbamazepine is an anticonvulsant drug and is used in the following indications:
- Bipolar disorder
- Neuropathic pain
- Borderline personality syndrome
- Post traumatic stress disorder
Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder in which person experience the uncontrolled and repetitive activity of body muscles known as Seizures or Convulsions. There is transmission of wrong neuronal signals which leads to the following symptoms:
- Increases the risk of physical injury
- Constantly staring at one site
- Temporary confusion
- Abnormal and abrupt twitches, tremors and tics
This drug treats partial onset seizures in adults and children 4 years of age and older. Carbamazepine is one of the most recommended drugs given in the epilepsy like condition. It can be given along with other medicines.
The ailments, it is used for:
Carbamazepine is given in epilepsy and is used as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial onset seizures in adults and children 4 years of age and older
How it works?
It contains Carbamazepine as an active ingredient in it. It blocks the voltage dependent sodium and calcium channels and increases the concentration of neurotransmitters. It reduces the neurons hyperactivity and restores the normal balance in brain. It decreases the pain induced by neurons. It is a second line treatment for bipolar and manic disorder.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Carbamazepine if you:
- Are allergic to Carbamazepine
- Have history of depression, mental problem or confusion
- Have a kidney disease
- Have liver problems
- Are allergic to antidepressants
- Are allergic to any prescription or non prescription drugs
- are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- are breast feeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dose intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. The usual initial recommended drug is 100 mg to 200 mg twice a day. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Carbamazepine is available in three types of dosage forms and in five strength combination:
- Zeptol CR 200 mg (Controlled release Tablets)
- Zeptol CR 400 mg (Controlled release Tablets)
- Tegrital 100 mg ( Chewable tablets)
- Zeptol 100 mg
- Zeptol 200 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Zeptol and Zeptol CR tablets are manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
Tegrital chewable tablets are manufactured by Novartis AG, a pharmaceutical giant and are available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
Carbamazepine is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Carbamazepine is taken with meals two times a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
- Shallow breathing
- Twitching of muscles
- Staggering walk
- Slurred speech
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Carbamazepine shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Skin reactions like rashes, blistering and skin peeling
- Swelling in ankles, legs and feet
- Joint and muscular pain
- Ulcers in mouth
- Mental problems like confusion
- High temperature
- Abnormalities in blood and liver function test
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Carbamazepine. Following are the few drugs which interact with Carbamazepine:
- Birth control pills
- Antibiotics and Anti TB drugs
- Antifungal agents such as Fluconazole
- Cancer medicines
- HIV OR AIDS
- Thyroid medication
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin
- Steroid medication
- Other drugs given in convulsions such as Valproic acid
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Carbamazepine as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Avoid the intake of grapefruit products as it will increase your chances of experiencing side effects
- It is important to take few blood test before and during the treatment for assessing the proper effect of the drug
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine