Viraday 300 mg, 200mg & 600 mg
Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarat, Emtrictabine and Efavirenz
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Capsules||US$ 3.94||US$ 118.2550%US$ 236.49||
|60 Capsules||US$ 3.94||US$ 236.4950%US$ 472.98||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 3.15||US$ 283.8960%US$ 709.47||
|Strength||300 mg, 200mg & 600 mg|
|Generic Name||Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarat, Emtrictabine and Efavirenz|
Description of the drug:
Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarat, Emtrictabine and Efavirenz are the active ingredients present in Viraday - 300 mg, 200mg & 600 mg. The combination medicine is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from spreading in the body. You can buy Viraday 300 mg, 200mg & 600 mg.
Indications and Usage:
- The medicine is typically prescribed to treat HIV that causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. The drug may also be prescribed for symptoms that are not mentioned here.
- Keep in mind the medication will not cure you of HIV. It is still possible that you spread the virus to other people though unsafe sexual activities or through infected blood. It is important that you take recourse to proper measures so that you do not spread the virus.
Dosage and Administration
Follow your doctor’s advice strictly while taking the medication or take it as per the instructions on the medicine label. Make sure that you do not change your dosage or stop taking the medication all of a sudden without your doctor’s permission. Do not also take the medication after the prescribed time is complete.
The dosage would depend on several factors including allergies to drugs, sex, age or severity of the condition. It will be determined by your doctor after examining you. It is important to follow your doctor’s advice properly.
Method of Administration:
Take the medication on an empty stomach before sleeping. Follow your doctor’s direction in this regard.
In case of a missed dosage, take the medicine as soon as you remember about it. Do not take it if it is close to the time for your nest dosage. Avoid taking a double dosage of the medicine.
In case of overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form - Tablet
- Strength - Viraday - 300 mg, 200mg & 600 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- It is a FDS pregnancy category D drug. It is not meant for you if you are pregnant as it can cause harm to an unborn baby. You must keep in mind to use proper contraceptive methods for at least 12 weeks after the end of the treatment. Inform your doctor immediately if you get pregnant during your treatment. The virus can infect your baby if you get pregnant.
- Some people get lactic acidosis after taking the medicine. It is crucial that you seek medical help on the first signs of lactic acidosis as it can deteriorate over time and prove to be dangerous.
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following ailments: kidney disease or liver disease, osteopenia, mental illness in the past, or if you use antipsychotic drugs.
- Before you start taking the medication, it is important that you keep all the precautions in mind. Make sure to discuss everything with your doctor and get all your queries answered.
Some common side effects of the medicine are trouble sleeping, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, vomiting, nausea, unusual dreams, diarrhea, and concentration troubles.
- You may experience the side effects within 1-2 days of taking the medicine and these may go away within a couple of weeks.
- You can also get rashes. Inform your doctor if you develop rashes.
- The medication may cause serious psychiatric issues such as severe depression, confusion, aggression, suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, extreme fear, or unusual behavior. Make sure to inform your doctor if you develop any of these conditions while taking the medicine.
- Some patients may face a deterioration of an existing ailment or develop a new one due to changes in the immune system. Inform your doctor if any such thing happens.
- It is possible that you develop liver symptoms after you stop taking the medicines.
- Keep in mind that these are not the only side effects that you can experience due to taking the medicine. In case you face any serious side effects, consult your doctor immediately.
You must not take the medication with pimozide, cisapride, midazolam, St. John’s Wort, triazolam, lamivudine, voriconazole, any other medicines that contain emtricitabine, efavirenz, or tenofovir, or ergot medicines such as egonovine, ergotamine, dihydroergotamine,or methyergonovine. The drugs can interact with each other and lead to harmful side effects. Apart from these, there may be several other medications that interact with the drugs. Make sure to inform your doctor about all the medications that you are using.
Tenofovir Disproxil Fumarat, Emtrictabine and Efavirenz are the active ingredients present in the medicine.
Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place.
It is manufactured by Cipla, a well-known Indian pharmaceutical company.