|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Capsules||US$ 0.81||US$ 24.35||
|60 Capsules||US$ 0.81||US$ 48.72||
|90 Capsules||US$ 0.81||US$ 73.08||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Valsartan|
Valsartan is a drug belongs to the class of angiotensin 2 receptors antagonist. They oppose the effect of angiotensin and aids smooth arterial blood flow. This all helps in reducing the elevated blood pressure levels therefore useful in hypertension. It is also given in other cardiovascular problems.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Valsartan is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack.
Understanding the drug Valsartan:
How it works?
Valsartan is an angiotensin receptor antagonist and is an important drug given in heart associated conditions.
Valsartan gets bind with angiotensin receptor antagonist and causes following actions like:
- Relaxes blood vessels and aids smooth blood flow
- Decreases workload of the heart
- Improves survival and prevents heart attack
- Reduces hospitalization and improve symptoms
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Valsartan if you:
- Are allergic to Valsartan
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have congestive heart failure
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver problems
- Have any other heart problems
- Have history of angioedema
- Have history of stroke
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Dose is decided by the doctor depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Valsartan tablets contain the following two strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Valzaar 40 mg
- Valzaar 80 mg
- Valzaar 160 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Valzaar is manufactured by Ranbaxy, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Valsartan is taken once daily and can be taken before or after meal. The best way to take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Back pain
Some serious side effects are listed below:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of mouth, lips and tongue
- Dark urine, severe pain in stomach and pale stools
- Low blood pressure symptoms like fainting, lightheadedness and severe dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Fever, chills and shakes
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Valsartan.
- Birth control pills like drospirenone
- ACE inhibitors like Ramipril and Enalapril
- NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
- Furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose