|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 6.00||US$ 6.11||
|3 Tube/s||US$ 6.00||US$ 18.32||
|6 Tube/s||US$ 6.00||US$ 36.64||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Protopic|
|Strength||.03% (10 gm)|
Tacrolimus is a potent drug discovered from the fermented broth of Japanese soil sample that is comprised of Streptomyces bacteria. Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressive drug that is given in organ transplantation. Apart from that, topically it is given in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory relapsing non contagious itchy skin. It is also known as atopic eczema. It is an allergic reaction which causes below written such as:
- Rashes on the face, inside the elbows, behind the knees, and on the hands and feet.
- Thick skin
It is available on our website in the form of topical dosage form, i.e. ointment which is meant to be applied on the skin surface and is absorbed transdermally.
The ailments, it is used for:
Tacrolimus is a potent drug used for the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adults and children who have failed to response to other topical treatments or other medicines cannot be used.
=Understanding the drug Tacrolimus:
Tacrolimus is a potent macrolide immunosuppressive drug indicated in organ transplantation.
How it works?
Tacrolimus is a macrolide drug that suppresses the immune system and inflammation.It exhibits the immune suppressing effect by stopping the activity of an enzyme calcineurin crucial for the activation of immune cells i.e. T cells. Calcineurin has a great role in stimulating the growth and differentiation of the T cell response. T cells have a vital role in cell mediated immunity.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Tacrolimus if you:
- Are allergic to Tacrolimus
- Are allergic to medicines, foods and other substances
- Are suffering from diabetes
- Have mononucleosis, swollen lymph nodes or kidney problems
- Have a history of certain types of cancer or family history of skin cancer
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to apply?
The application of the medicine is decided by the physician after evaluating your health condition. The recommended dose depends varies from patient to patient. Always apply the dose as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Tacrolimus is available in following strength preparations on our website:
- Tacroz 0.03% (10 gm)
- Tacroz 0.01%(10 gm)
Who is the manufacturer?
Tacroz is manufactured by Glenmark pharmaceuticals private limited, a big pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
How to apply?
Tacrolimus is applied as prescribed by your doctor. Always go through the instruction manual. Always talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist to make sure that you are taking medicine in a right way as prescribed by the Doctor. If there is no improvement in the symptoms then talk to Doctor. Self monitoring of your condition is very important to analyze the efficacy of the drug.
When to apply?
The dose application is prescribed by the doctor, after assessing your disease condition. Always apply the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long it should be applied?
Apply the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before applying the drug on the inflamed skin.
What if you apply too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to apply the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Tacrolimus shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Burning sensation
- Flu like symptoms
- Rarely skin cancer and lymphomas
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way ,the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Tacrolimus. Few known drugs are as follows:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- It is very important to maintain personal hygiene, avoid coming in contact with an already infected person.
- Don’t eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while using this medicine
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- If you miss the dose, consult with your doctor
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine