Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Synthivan|
|Strength||300 mg/100 mg|
|Generic Name||Atazanivir/ Ritonavir|
Description of the drug
The main ingredients of the drug are Atazanavir and Ritonavir. It is used either alone or in combination with any other anti-retroviral medicines for treating human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection. You can purchase Synthivan 300 mg/100 mg online too.
Indications and Usage
The medicine is used in the treatment, prevention, control, and improvement of the following disease:
- HIV infections
- Salvage therapy in patients with drug resistance
Synthivan belongs to the group of medication azapeptide HIV-1 protease inhibitor. The medicine works by preventing maturation of virus in the cells.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose will be determined by your doctor after examining you thoroughly and after taking into consideration several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, drug interaction, response to treatment and so on.
-Method of Administration
The tablet is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember taking care of the fact that the next dose is not nearby. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose as it may lead to side effects.
Overdose of medicine should be reported on an urgent basis to the doctor for further course of action.
Forms and Strengths'
Strength: 100 mg/300 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Discuss with your doctor about the necessary precaution that needs to be taken so as to avoid spreading the HIV virus to anyone else.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any liver, kidney or heart disease or any other ailments and the medicines that you are taking currently.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone else even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- One of the common side effects of the medicine includes:
- Abdominal pain
- Accumulation of body fat
- Kidney stone
- Liver function
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Muscle pain
- Pain in stomach
There are several medicines that may interact with Synthivan Tablet and increase or decrease the activity of the medicine. Some of such medicines are:
This is not a complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicines as well. It is best to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so as to avoid any drug interaction. You can also mention about the medicines that you are allergic to.
The active ingredients of the drug are Atazanavir and Ritonavir. The medicine works by preventing multiplying of virus inside the body.
The medicine is to be stored in a dry and cool place away from heat, light, and moisture.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Cipla, a renowned pharmaceutical company.